Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it normal......?

Hi everyone,

I had a missed miscarriage last Thursday. I was 11 weeks. I went into hospital the next day for an erpc. I thouoght I was coping okay but today I feel so tearful and upset. Is this normal? I'm due back at work on Monday and I'm scared I won't cope.

B x

Replies

• Hiya hunni, so sorry to hear about your loss. What your feeling is very normal, just grieving for the child you have lost, i have had 2 mc and it does get easier. With both mine my doctor gave me a sick note for 2 weeks, if you arent feeling upto it dont force yourself to go to work. See your doctor and ask about being signed off xx
  • Hi
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Its totally normal to feel that way, I had a MMC in july at 11wks & I still have sad days. It does get easier as the weeks go by but you need to make sure you let yourself grieve, if you need to cry let it out.
    I would go to the Drs & ask for a sick note if you dont feel your read to go back to work.
    It took me about 2wks before I was ready to leave the house & see people.
    Take Care
    Helen x x
  • Thanks so much for your replies. I will get an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. I thought I was okay but I think it has really hit me today, exactly a week since we found out that our baby had died. I was also due to go for a dating scan at the hospital today which doesn't help.
    Thanks again. This chat room, along with my oh and my beautiful little girl have kept me going.

Bernadette x
  • Hi Louisa,
    Thanks for your email. I went back to my doctor and he signed me off for another week. I think I did need it becuase it really has helped me to get my head together. I still get a bit weepy as well and I think I would have struggled if I had gone back to work a week after my mmc. I've been thinking lots about ttc. Its quite scary to think about ttc again but I want to try as soon as I can. Thanks again, it has helped me so much to be able to speak to other people who have gone through the same awful experience. I think im turning a corner now and starting to feel alot more positive!
    Bernadette x