Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Upcoming babyloss charity event

On Sunday 12th October 2008 Life After Loss will be hosting theofficial Northern Ireland balloon release in support of Babyloss forbabyloss awareness week (9th - 15th Oct) Approx 1000 balloons will bereleased outside Belfast Castle in rememberance of all the babies wehave lost, and that are lost every year.

From 3pm in theDonegall Room at Belfast Castle, Life After Loss representatives willbe available to provide you with a tag to write a message to yourbaby/babies to be put on a balloon. Tags will be provided free ofcharge but any donations will be gratefully accepted for the BabylossAwareness Campaign. http://www.babyloss-awareness.org

Representatives from other Baby Loss charities and support organisations will be there to offer advice and information.

Ticketswill be on sale for entry to the 'balloon race'. A range of greatprizes (details TBC) will be on offer to the owner of the balloon thattravels the furthest from the release. Last year's winning balloon tagreached Norway! All proceeds from the balloon race go to Life AfterLoss.

Tea/Coffee and refreshments will be provided while you take the opportunity to chat with other bereaved parents, if desired.

Balloons will be released at approximately 4pm

We hope you can all make it and support this cause so close to all our hearts.

I understand it is a long way for a lot of you to travel but if youwish to support the cause from home you may still buy tickets for theballoon race, or tags for your baby and send us your message which wewill write and attach for you, and if you can donate if you wish.

Pleasedo not hesitate to contact me or Helen Savage if you wish to do so, wewill be happy to arrange this, or visit www.lifeafterloss.org.uk

Alsoif anyone is thinking of travelling but needs help arranging thisplease contact me (Gemma Antell) and I will do my best to make this aseasy as possible for you by letting you know about travelling andaccommodation options.