Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Contains waaaaay too much information but I need advice!

Ok just a warning if you have a weak stomach then don't go on ok because this contains alot of info you just might not want to know espacially if you are eating. If someone is brave enough to read on and give me some advice I would really appreciate it though and would be so thankful.

Ok as I said when joining this are of the forum I had a currete on Sunday evening which was very sad for me and still is buuuuuut and we are heading into the gross part...I don't know if its a side effect from the hormones they injected into me to shrink my uterus or what but to put it tactfully as I can I am so gagging for it I practically chewed through the couch sooooooo even though I have still not entirely finished bleeding (meaning their is still a little spotting) my partner and I had sex Tuesday. Yes I get it I know you are going to barf and I probably should have called my doctor to find out if this was ok as I am now worried as hell I have not done the right thing. I am on anti biotics to ward off infection anyway but I am still worried and not all that enthused about trying to explain this to my male, older aged doctor who is actually quite hot too just to make my life harder.

A) do you think I have done something risky and will I have caused damage?

B) am I terrible for not being to distraught to even think of sex (even though the closeness with my partner that it brings makes me feel better)

Replies

• Options
    I was brave, and read the whole post! lol

I doubt you have done any damage. The bleeding is coming from your uterus, and not anywhere your partner will have reached!

As for actually bd'ing, there is no right or wrong way to feel. You wanted the closeness, and that is understandable.

We all deal with things in our own way, and no-one has the right to tell you you are/have done something wrong.

HTH. xx
  • Options
    Oh so it's not just me then. What a relief!
    After my erpc (failed med management) I was told no action for 3 weeks and wait until 1 normal AF. Well we didn't give any time limits on not having any nooky after having a baby....so I ignored their "advice" too! Waiting for AF now...but feel better for being able to prove to OH that I still fancy the pants off him LOL!! (And that going through what I did hasn't put him off me because that was a big worry to me.) Anyway my excuse is I sleep better after making love. (So there!)
  • Options
    Hi!
    Well after your intriuging intro I had to read the whole post!image
    To answer your qus:
    a) I wouldn't have thought you could cause any 'damage'. If your are on antibiotics they will take care of any infection risk. I have heard of ladies 'doing the business' soon after and the worst they had was a bit of heavier bleeding afterwards so I wouldn't worry yourself.

b) No, I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Especially if it helps you to feel closer as this is the most important thing when you are feeling vulnerable after a MC. You need all the support you can get.I think when we are TTC we are fixed on BD only to make a baby but long before we thought of sex as BD we did it for other reasons. There is nothing wrong to revert back to that. In fact it is probably positve as we get too focused on BD only being for TTC (or is that just me!??)

I hadn't thought of the drugs used inducing a libido high, but I did find a week or so after my ERPC I felt more frisky. Hadn't felt that way for months whilst being pregnant so came as a bit of a shock! :lol:
    In all, you sound very healthy and 'normal' in your actions to me!
    Lilou xx
    PS Lucky you having a tasty GP!
  • Options
    Oh thank god I am not crazy and not the only one. It really did help me to be positive to know I was still attractive to my partner and that we could still have it for fun. Yeah I was too sick for sex for about 3 weeks before I had my currete so really I do not feel like I can be blamed.

Anyway we need to get some practice in for technique for making another baby later on thats my excuse and I am sticking to it lol.
  • Options
    Thank you, I thought I was some sort of freak. I've been feeling really horny these past couple of days - glad to know I'm not the only one, x
  • Options
    I am glad I brought this up now it seems everyone has been thinking they are nuts when we are all the same.