Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ongoing...

Hi
I went back for a follow up appt yesterday having had mmc. I opted for medical management and the bleeding stopped last Wednesday. I had bled for almost 2 weeks but hadn't really had lots of pain throughout, just cramps really. I had a positive pg test yesterday and they did an internal to check things. They arranged for a scan for me this afternoon and that showed that I haven't passed everything. There are still 3 "products" left. Have opted to try medical management again on Monday and if it doesn't work I'll have to ERPC on Tuesday. I was really upset yesterday as I felt that I was back to square one but today I am feeling more positive.
This post really is just so that others know that medical management doesn't always work (it works 95% of the time).
Hope all the ladies who have recently posted about their mcs are coping and remember there's always someone on here.
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh no Lula-belle. You poor thing. I really feel for you as it's horrible to have it so dragged out. Hope everything goes ok next week xxx
  • Options
    Thanks Baby B
    I should have just had the ERPC at the beginning and when they gave me the option yesterday I should have just said es. I don't know why I don't want the ERPC but i just don't! They told me that it is unlikely that the tablets will work as they didn't get everything moving last time. I just want one last try before having to have the op. Sounds stupid I know! Hope you're cycles are starting to regulate. Wonder when I'll have af now? Bet it'll be bloody Christmas at this rate!
    XXX
  • Options
    hi lula-belle

sorry to hear what you are going through and that things haven't worked so far.

just to let you know that if you do have to have the ERPC on Tuesday - i was so scared before mine but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as i imagined it to be. i'd never had an op before so was terrified but it was over before i knew it and the hospital staff were great.

we're all here for you - let us know how you get on xxx
  • Options
    hey there mrs e
    thanks for your support! i am a wuss really. like you i've never had surgery before and i know it's really quick but i just don't want it. they said if the "products" had been less than 2cm they would have left them and hope i'd pass them with next af but as they were almost 4cm, they wouldn't leave them. cross fingers it works!
    xxx
  • Options
    if you do want to know anything about the op though drop me an email and i'll let you know my experience.

my fingers are crossed for you that you won't have to have it xxx