Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

so scared

hi
i had my 12 week scan on tues. i should have been 13 weeks but they found that i'd had a missed miscarriage at about 9 weeks. i decided to go for the medical management option as i really didn't want a d & c. i went in yesterday at 9 o'clock for my first tablet and was told that i would start bleeding. as yet i haven't.
i have to go back in tomorrow when they'll give me more tablets to make my uterus contract. has anyone else chosen this option? i'm really scared about what will happen tomorrow. i don't know what to expect. if anyone has any advice would you please post on here. the more i think about it the worse i get.
thanks
xxx:cry:

Replies

• Hi Lula-belle. I've not had this so can't give you any advice or info. (I had an early natural miscarriage) just wanted to say I am really sorry for your loss and I'm thinking about you xxx
  • thanks joo. just want to know what to expect as feel as though i'm in the dark. baby b is going to e-mail me her experience which i hope will help me understand what might be instore for tomorrow and the coming few days.
    sorry to hear of your sad loss too. there are so many people going through this. i really had no idea until i read this forum.
    xxx
  • hey hun, just to let you know i'm thinking of you. it is best to be prepared - i hope baby b's email helps. i chose a D&C. if you do end up having to have one (which of course probably won't happen) i'll let you know about it - preparing for it really helped me.

all the best for tomorrow hun, my thoughts are with you xxx
  • Hey,

I found out that I had a missed mc at almost 11 weeks (baby died at 7 weeks 5 days) and decided to have an ERPC but mc naturally before the procedure. However I still went ahead with the ERPC just in case, I wanted it all to be over with.

All I can say is just try and be brave....make sure you have some emotional support and ask for pain meds if you need them.

Thinking of you.

Frankie xx
  • hope you ok hun xxx
  • hey mrs_e
    i'm doing ok. at home waiting for it all to sink in while hubby has gone to get me maltesers! wasn't as bad as i thought at the hosp but they sent me home as things were going really slowly. still waiting for it to happen. am bleeding and passing some clots(tmi) but no pain. hope it happens soon as i just want it over. maybe i should have gone for d&c afterall. xxx
  • sorry to hear you are still waiting but at least it appears to be starting. i hope your hubby is looking after you lots and that it doesn't get too painful.
    am thinking of you hun - we're all here for you xxxxx