Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Missed Miscarriage

Hi ladies,

I started bleeding on Friday and went to A&E and they told me to come back on Monday for a scan. We went yesterday and I should have been 10+2 but the baby died at around 6 weeks.

I've decided to let nature take it's course and let everything happen naturally rather than surgery or medication. Has anyone else been through this? How long did it take?

I've been bleeding since Friday but it's getting heavier so I'm hoping it won't be long so I can begin to deal with it a bit better.

Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi Hun,
    So sorry for your loss. I had a MMC end of may and it is a horrible thing for anyone to go through so I hope u have lots of support from your loved ones.your story is similar to mine, I started to bleed and had an emergency scan and should have been 11 weeks bur baby only measured 6. I found that over 3 days it got heavier and then on the day I passed the baby I had horrific cramps, like period pain but worse, then once I had passed "everything" (sorry I hope u don't fins this too upsetting) the bleeding was just like a period and it lasted about 10 days, then I got my next period about 5 weeks later. I had to keep going back to epac for preg tests as my HCG levels were taking a while to go down, so make sure you get good aftercare. Lots of hugs to you and your OH at this time. Xxxx
  • Hi there pet...im so sorry for your loss. I had a NMC at 9weeks on 5th July. I started to bleed two weeks previous and it got heavier by the day. Baby still had hb and was growing. Sadly tho, passed baby on 5th july. Bled for another 2 days. I fortunately didnt have a lot of pain. I started bleeding lightly again on sat (3weeks after MC) so dont know if its AF or what it is really. I think everyone is different, but it definately just takes time. Look after yourself, its still very raw. Take care xx
  • Hi hun, so sorry for your mmc, it trully is an awful way to miscarry. this happened to me over the 28th-30th may this year, I blissfully went along for 12 week scan and they found my baby had died at 9 weeks. I was in shock so we went home to decide what to do. My mind obviously finally twigged and I started miscarrying late on the 28th it progressed over the weekend with me still clinging on to hope but really knew it was over. I was finally rushed into hospital after the ward refusing to see me until it got heavier than a period, well it got much worse than that when my waters broke everywhere at home and I soaked through trousers and towels, there was blood everywhere. was on gas and air and got to hospital and midwife said the remainder of my pregnancy was lying in neck of my womb being contracted out, to releive my agony she said she could just remove it. I must have screamed the ward down as my MIL said she heard while waiting in the hallway. I am traumatised but it does get better and im now 9+2 pregnant.

I can honestly say hun that you will be feeling awful to begin with, empty and lost. this feeling will start to ease I promise.
    they also say that if you have 20 days with no bleeding, then when you do bleed after this that this is your AF. they advise 4-6 weeks for AF and 2-4 weeks for ovulation after a miscarriage. it varies greatly though. Just take your time and get lots of support. Me and my husband still cry about our lost baby to this day.

Take care and we are all here for you if you need us. I dont know where I would be without this site.

xxx
  • really sorry to hear about ur loss, i had the same thing happen 2 years ago, i thought i was 11 weeks gone, but got told the baby had died at 6 weeks....it will get easier, for ages i hated pregnant women, or women with kids...and it sounds nasty but there were times i wanted every other pregnant woman to have the same thing happen, and i felt terrible for it....i'm 4 weeks preg now and keeping my fingers crossed, but gonna try and get an earlyscan if possible xx