Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New to this site - Need your advice pls.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site, and I just need some advice. My husband & I have been trying for a baby for the last 10 months. I had what i thought was a period 2 weekd ago and after it finished was left with brown discharge. i felt unwell so a friend suggested that i did a test as can still bleed when pregnant.
Any way 3 test later and I am 4 weeks pregnant!
The thing is for the last 5 days I have been bleeding and have had bad period pains & i know that something is very wrong. I went to the doc's when its started to happen and they said that is sounds like i'm miscarring, and to go home & rest. 5 days on and i am still bleeding and in pain & i havent lost a clot like the dr said i would.

Every time I phone and ask for advice i feel like i'm getting fobbed off. I know there is nothing they can do if i am losing my baby but i just don't know what is going on or how long i have to wait before they will do anything.

Thanks.xxx

Replies

• I'm sorry I can't say anything that will help, but I didn't want to read and run.

I've no experience of miscarriage (I had ectopic), so I've no idea how long you could be bleeding for. Try and post in the ttc after miscarriage forum - it's much busier over there and the girls are lovely, and I'm sure they'll be much more helpful.

I'm truly sorry for what you're going through hun

xxx
  • Hi there pet, im sorry you are having to go through this. The not knowing is awful. I had MC recently, and bled for 2 weeks before actually losing baby, I was 9 weeks. I had scans showing baby and hb but bleeding was very bad. Was sent home each time to wait it out. It was torture. I couldnt believe there was nothing anyone could do to help me. Some ladies do bleed and everything turns out fine, unfortunately I wasnt one of them. It is a waiting game, one day at a time. This happened to me only at the start of this month, and I didnt know how I would get through it, but I have. You will too. I hope that it all turns out to be good news for you, but if sadly it doesnt, the ladies on this site are wonderful. You are not alone, we have all been there and know how heartbreaking it is. As poppygirl said, the TTC after miscarriage forum is busier and you will get a lot of support. Good luck to you xxxx
  • Thank you both for your kind words.
    I have now had blood tests and my HCG levels are too low for this stage of prengnacy so they have confirmed that i have or still miscarring.
    I have to go have a scan tomorrow to make sure there is nothing there. i havent lost nothing yet so i dont know what they will do if there is.
    I am so sorry for both of your losses, so unfair isnt it.xxxxx
  • Hi and I am sorry you are going through this.

I hate the way they treat you when this is happening :evil:

I had a M/C at 6 weeks(just over 4 weeks ago) and the week before I was spotting and had a few pains and was told I was probably having a M/C and see how I go well I stopped bleeding for a day then it stared again(only very lightly) and had to go up the hospital where they took my blood and had to go back two days later for another blood test and when I got the results back it showed that my HCG levels were dropping and I would M/C and that afternoon I started to lose my baby :cry:.

I ran the hospital back and was just told to see how I go and do a test a week later and if positive go back or if negative then "it"(this is what the nurse said) had all gone.

I had a natural M/C so I am glad I did not have to go back up there as they treated me like crap before I M/C

It is one of the worst things a women can go through!

Like Tashelby said the TTC after M/C forum is full of lovely ladies that have all gone through it

Take care

Gem xx
    Gem x
  • Im so sorry for your loss...rememer you are not alone. We have all been through this in one form or another and are here if you need support. Tomorrow will be a hard one, but you will get through it. Thinking of you, Tracy xx