Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Could you be fertile after a miscarriage?

Sorry, this is my first time posting on Baby Expert.

My Husband & got married at the end of August and decided that we'd try for a baby - in our own way we'd 'wing' it. Not get too stressed about trying but not use any protection.

Unfortunately I had a miscarriage just over 3 weeks ago. We'd only found out on the Friday and the following Sunday evening I started to get cramp like pains in my stomach. The GP was great when I rang on the Monday morning and got me an emergency appointment at the hopsital that Thursday.
Unfortunately we'd miscarried. The Doctor at the hospital said that we were ok as test was negative so everything had been removed.

I was just wondering if its possible to be fertile straight after a MC?

The reason I ask is that I'm bleeding but its not turned into a normal period.

I'm sure I've just asked the stupidest question but if anyone has an answer.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    HI

REALLY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, I ALSO HAD A MISCARRIAGE 6 WEEKS AGO.

THE DOCTOR AT THE HOSPITAL TOLD US THAT YOU ARE AT YOUR MOST FERTILE AFTER A MISCARRIAGE.

I BLED FOR AROUND 7 DAYS THEN IT WAS ANOTHER 5 WEEKS UNTIL I HAD MY FIRST PERIOD.

HOPE THIS HELPS, IF YOU NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ELSE JUST ASK.

TAKE CARE
    CHRISTINE X
  • Options
    Thanks Christine.

That's really helpful.

We'll see if I'm having a normal period.

• Options
    Wow - 2 weeks after.

How long did it take you to realise and did you POAS after that 2wks?
    I don't want to check yet - not sure that any hormone would be there or to tempt fate
  • Options
    sorry if this sounds a bit mad but this bit of info has made me smile for first time in ages. im due my erpc tomorrow and have had the most horrible painful week,the pain was really bad last night but nothing happened. i didnt know that you are at your most fertile after a mc. it gives me hope again.no info is 100% but it does for me. glad i had a peek today. hope everyone doing ok.xxxxxx
  • Options
    Well I think that its fair to say that AF is here. I think the random bleeding last week was the warm up!

Fingers crossed I'll be back on track - DH will recover from man flu - and we can try for a christmas miracle image

We told a number of our friends last Saturday and they were all really great & supportive.

On the other side, when I told my mum last Monday week that we'd MC and asked why she hadn't called in 2 weeks since I told my dad that we might be pregnant, she said that they didn't think I was telling the truth.

I don't think that I'll ever forgive her for that - she ripped my heart out. On the otherhand, MIL has been great.