Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feeling Positiveish

Hi

I had my ERPC yesterday and even though I was very nervous all went well. The bleeding has calmed down alot today which is good.

This is proberbly the first time I have woken up in a while and there doesn't seem to be a dark cloud over my head,more grey in colour which is good.
I feel at last I can think about the future. Its my sisters wedding at the weekend and I am going to try and let my hair down and have fun. There are going to be a few pregnant friends there who I haven't seen for a while and who don't know I had a miscarriage so I am not sure how I am going to cope with that,maybe wine will help??

Sim 75 thank you for your message you left on my pother post.
Thank you to all you ladies for your support,and I think I might start posting on the TTC after a Miscarriage.

Sharmaine.
xx

Replies

• Hi Sharmaine

:\) :\) :\) I am really pleased that you are feeling a bit better today and I'm glad all went well yesterday.

I hope you have a lovely time at your sister's wedding at the weekend.

See you over in TTC after mc forum!

~ NN xx

[Modified by: NattyNik on October 29, 2008 10:13 AM]

• Hi S

So good to hear youre feeling brighter, yes you'll still be sad and it'll be tough at times but looking forward really is encouraging news. A good wedding and disco is always a good tonic - you try and enjoy yourself and give yourself a break, what you've been through is extremely tough.

Funnily enough today was my first day that I awoke just feeling different. Its been a week since i MC'd. I can't explain it but im different. Im looking forward, Im figuring that whats happened ,happened for a reason, as awful and hard as it seems, but Im trying to bounce back bigger and stronger and keep faith in that with determination we will achieve our ultimate goal.

Keep strong and Im glad your getting there. Yes we will have set backs and no doubt having moments but we can seek comfort in chatting between us and supporting each other.

Keep your chin up and big HUGS xxx

• Hi Sharmaine

Great to hear from you and that you are ok. It does help now that you've had the erpc as it's another step forward and helps to seek closure. Take things slowly honey. But look forward to the weekend. Your twin sisters wedding will be so much fun! You will be ok to have a wine by then too. You deserve it.

I had my erpc on a Thursday and it was one of my friend's birthday parties on the Saturday. I didn't want to let her down, nor stay sitting inside being miserable so that was my first outing with all my friends. It was the best thing for me. Mind, I did get a drunk very easily not having drunk in 3 months!! That was my first step to getting back out there. So it will do you some good.

I found telling my 2 close friends who are due for their babies helped me to cope with that. I told them what had happened so that they knew how to deal with me. It's up to you who you tell and who you don't but I personally found it to help me. They gave me so much support and were so understanding. Sometimes people who are pregnant are so absorbed with their own excitement that they don't stop to think that something may have happened, especially if they didn't even know you were pregnant in the first place. So I found by telling them, I didn't expose myself to them possibly saying something that I might find hurtful (without them even meaning to).

Keep in touch and know we are always here for you. The next few weeks will be like riding waves. You will have some good days but there may be a few lower ones. Most of all though, it will continue to get easier. xx