Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Advice needed!

Hi everyone,

I had a missed miscarriage in December. I went for a 12 week scan and was told my baby had died at about 8weeks. That was on the 27th December nad I went into hospital on the 28th December for a d&c. I haven't had a period since and I'm getting quite anxious about it now. The only thing that has kept me going this month is the thougyt of trying again so I really want my period so I feel my body is getting back to normal. Has anyone had a similar experience and had to wait quite a while for their period after a miscarriage?

Thanks,
B

Replies

• Options
    Hia

I also had a missed miscarriage. I found out last Wednesday and lost the baby Friday. From what I was told at the time it can take 4-8 weeks until you have your next period. I feel the same as you tha the only thing keeping me going is thinking about trying again. If I was yo I'd give it another week or so and if theres still nothing then see your GP.

Hope everything goes ok for you.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi greeneyes,

Although it has been a few years since I had my MC I remember it took about 6 weeks before my period came & it was very heavy for about a week whereas I normally have a light period for a few days.

You should be fine but if at all worried you should speak to your GP.

Take care,
    Lauren xx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Thanks for the advice. I know im been impatient but I can't help it. Fingers crossed af will arrive soon adn stop me worrying!

Bernadette x