Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

ERPC tomorrow

I have decided to have the ERPC tomorrow as they had a slot available. I know it seems a bit soon but i am not bleeding now at all and therefore it could be some time before i pass the baby naturally and i need some relief from this situation. I went to the hospital today and they were really nice and went through the options with me and kept saying that I don't have to go through with it and even if i wake up tomorrow and don't want to go through with it i don't have to.

I just feel because i've been spotting for a couple of weeks and the doctor has put me on complete rest I have been through so much worry and stuck at home for so long I need a break. Me and my DH are talking about going away next week and staying at a nice hotel with a pool and a spa and we will be able to grieve properly and go for walks together away from everything. I don't want to leave things to nature and still be in this position next week.

As I had the ERPC last time I know what to expect and they've already taken my blood and done some swabs today (that's the bit i hate!).

Thank you for all the support after the last two days. It brings tears to my eyes to see the level of support that's available here from people who really understan what you are going through.

xLMxxx

Replies

• Hi LM

Good luck tomorrow - I hope everything goes smoothly and you recover quickly and can then concentrate on your emotional healing.

I think it's a great idea for you and your OH to go away and get a break from things. I found that really helped after my 1st mc and hubby and I are going away next weekend to get a change of scenery.

Take care, NN x
  • Hi Littlemo,
    Glad to hear they have found a slot for you tomorrow. I found it helped me to move forward. Hope everything goes as smoothly for you as it can. Take care of yourself and sending you a hug.
    Lilou x
  • Hi Littlemo,
    Wishing you the very best of luck with tomorrow.
    I'll be thinking of you and am sure you'll feel better when all the medical stuff is done.
    Sending you lots of love and good wishes,
    MrsD xxx
  • I hope it went ok hun. Hugs. xx
  • Good luck honey, i wish it all went well.
    Lots of ((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Love
    Renee x
  • Hi hun

I hope everything went ok for you today. That is a great idea going away and getting away from everything. Me and OH really wanted to do this but can't really afford it but would do if we could so go and get some r&r that you deserve!!

S
    xx
  • will be thinking of you tomorrow x x
  • Thank you all for thinking of me. Everything went fine and was a lot quicker than last time where I was waiting around all day. Got a bit emotional as I went down to theatre (didn't help that I had to walk down like an idiot in the most hideous slippers you've ever seen!) as this was saying goodbye. The anethatist (can't spell this) was really nice and understanding and then all you remember is waking up in the recovery room.

So glad the physical side is mainly all over and I can concentrate on my emotional healing. Feeling relatively positive at the moment and I hope this lasts.

Once again, thank you so much for thinking of me.

Love LM xxx
  • Hope you are feeling ok and that you are able to start to heal both physically and mentally soon and am thinking of you at such a terrible time and i think it is a lovely idea to get away from everyone and everything with your oh just try and rest as much as you can!

Love rena x