Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ive lost my little bean

Hi,
I found out I was pregnant on 5th October (3 weeks) after taking a second course of clomid at 100mg. From the word go, I knew something was not quite right but thought it could have been because of the clomid!

Anyway, I had what I can only describe as a show kind of discarge on tuesday morning. I rang our local EPAU who wanted me to go in for a scan that afternoon. I went to the scan but they couldnt see anything but, they did tell me that at 5+weeks pregnant, it was possible not to see anything. That evening, I started to spot with brown blood.
Wednesday I had my booking appointment with my GP. I told him about the spotting and he said not to be alarmed as it it probably settling in bleeding. I left the surgery quite happy.
Thursday evening I started to bleed more so went to our local A&E dept. They did 2 pregnancy tests. Both were positive. They made me an appointment at a different EPAU for a trans-vaginal scan for the following afternoon.
Friday I went for the trans-vaginal scan and again they couldnt see anything, not even an empty sac. They did however tell me that I had a tilted womb which didnt help. While I was there they did a HCG blood test and told me to go back on sunday for a repeat HCG blood test. I went sunday for a repeat test and they told me to ring the unit on monday morning.
I rang them this morning and they have told me that my HCG levels have dropped from 134 (from the friday) to 90 (from the sunday). The bleeding has now stopped altogether.
The EPAU then rang me back and said that they want me to go back this thursday for another HCG test as the drop wasnt that great.
Now I am really confused!
Has this happend to anyone else? Is this just routine to make sure that things are going back to normal or could there be some hope?

Im sorry this is a long post but I am really confused.

BM xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi sweetheart

Sorry you are going through this. I'm afraid I can't answer your questions as I had an ectopic, but I didn't want to R & R

I'm sure the other girls can help you

I hope you get some answers soon

xx
  • Options
    I know I have replied to your other topics but I wanted to say again how sorry I am and that if you ever want to talk then I am always here to listen.

I would ring the EPU and just ask why they want to check your levels again, to put your mind at rest. I am sure they are used to answering thousands of questions - I know I rang up loads when going through my 1st MC and they were lovely and really understanding. And the wondering won't help you - I found that one of the worst parts of my MCs.

Take care, NN xx
  • Options
    KimmyS84- thanks for the reply hun. Im so sorry for your loss. I think its worse having an ectopic than a "normal" miscarriage as you know the baby is ok, its just in the wrong place. Everything is sooooo confusing. I dont think I could cope with what you have gone through.

NN- I have sent you a message in the ttc forum. I hope you dont mind the questions hun. I am so gutted as its taken us so long to concieve and its horrible feeling pregnant when you know that your not. Our bodies are so cruel.

xx
  • Options
    NN- also I forgot to add, the EPAU wnat to check my HCG levels again on thursday to make sure they are going down as she said the difference between 134 and 90 wasnt that great. Im not sure what she was getting at or what she was insinuating.

xx
  • Options
    I have answered you on your other thread - sorry it's so long! I don't mind you asking questions at all :\)

When I had my 1st mc they said to me that having slow dropping levels or hovering levels could mean that there is still some of the pregnancy in your uterus or an ectopic. But please don't be alarmed by this - my body took ages for HCG to drop. Obviously it is not good what you are going through but the fact that your levels are dropping is positive in that respect (hope you know what I mean by that?)

Take care, NN xx
  • Options
    Thank you for your good wishes. It is an awful thing to have to go through- as I'm sure an mc is

Just to let you know, with my ectopic my levels were rising slightly, so you probably aren't having one of these

xx