Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

i think i'm joining this forum :( Scared about the unknown.

hi

My little story....

I got to 3 months exactly yesterday....was really excited with scan due next tuesday....but....

from monday night i'd had some gungey spotting....brown...didn't think too much of it.....then suddenly yesterday....started to bleed very red blood. Immediately I got onto midwife...who booked me an emergency scan today.

Sad news......my .baby only showed to be 6/7 weeks 9.2 mm......so the likelihood is that I will miscarry this week....however i'm pretty sure it's starting right now......i have another scan booked for next week for the slim chance that it will grow and dates were terribly wrong....i think this is just really wishful thinking.....i know that's not going to happen. The midwife and team were great with me..wished i'd asked more questions though.....now i'm just worrying about what's going to happen in the hours to come...how bad will it be......?.......:cry:

I'm going to look on the bright side and think that it wasn't meant to be and get pregnant again asap ...(god willingt ).....it is soooo sad though, just when you thought you'd make it. I think it's a missed miscarriage and the body realises when you get to 12 weeks and go through the next stage....

questions i have...
if i am bleeding brown blood and small clots....what happens next?
if it is a 7 week baby and i'm meant to be 12 .... what happens to the sac...will it gush and i pass it ?..or will i not know.?.....will it be like a period?......just scared at what is happening/about to happen to me image

Replies

• so sorry you are going through this. i had an mc at 6 weeks and it pretty much remained brownish then a bit of red, as far as i remember. i didnt go from panty liners to pads, so it couldnt have been that heavy. the sac i would not have noticed if i wasnt examining every time i went to the bathroom. my friend had an mc at 7 weeks and it was much heavier for her. another friend had 2 mcs recently at the same point but the second was worse than the first. it seems to be very different for everyone though. sorry i cant be much help.
  • Hi.

Sorry you are having to go through this. I think every woman's experience is different, but I can only go by my own.

I was approx 9 wks when I started bleeding. Not much at first, just spotting, although this was every day. I insisted on an appointment at the EPAU, and when they scanned (external and internal), they couldn't find a baby - just a sac. They asked if I could have possibly got my dates wrong, but I was absolutely certain of them. I knew then that it was the beginnings of a miscarriage.

The day after they'd examined me internally, the real bleeding began. It was very heavy, much heavier than a normal period. Over the course of about 4 days, it got heavier and heavier, with the clots increasing in size. Then came the pain. Having had one child already (albeit some 12 years ago), the pain felt very much like mild contractions. It was bad lower back pain, which I tried to ward off with paracetamol. I then passed the sac in the toilet. Sorry if this is too much information, but I actually felt like I was going to pass it before I actuall did, as it seemed to bear down (if that makes sense!). To be honest, that was such a distressing, unpleasant experience, and one that I hope to God I never have to go through again. However, I have to say, once the sac had passed, I began to feel much better physically. No more physical pain, although the bleeding continued for around ten days afterwards, heavy at first, then lesser and lesser as time went on.

Miscarriage of any kind is not a pleasant experience, not least because as a woman you have grown emotionally accustomed to the idea of having a baby, and built your own attachment somehow to this little thing inside you. However, the pain does dull a little. My miscarriage was in July, and my body is now completely back to normal (have had a normal period since then), and the initial dreadfulness of the situation has passed. I am moving on, and am not crying anymore, have accepted the situation, and do not feel the need to continue to discuss it with people close to me. That said, I feel no-one can truly understand the pain and emotional stress of a miscarriage unless they have actually experienced it. Privately, I still mourn for what could have been, but outwardly, I guess I am back to 'normal' - whatever that may be!

I wish you all the luck, and I hope your experience will not be as bad as you imagine. Physically, you will recover as soon as your body is ready. Emotionally - well, that can take a little longer. Be prepared to give yourself time to heal.....as long as you personally need.

Take care.x

[Modified by: Numb on August 28, 2009 06:57 PM]

• I'm sorry for your loss! I'm glad you can be positive about the future. Sorry, I lost my pregnancy later than you so I can't answer your questions. Take care xxxx
  • thanks your replies have helped....something plopped but its still painful so i guess i'll have to wait and see...

sorry to be graphic! thanks though for your support
  • Hi honey,
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's really horrible.
    I mc'd at home at 9 weeks back in feb, and like you, was told by the EPU to expect it.
    I had spotting for about a week before and then it turned to very heavy red blood with lots of clots. I took very strong painkillers but the pain was still intense. The heavy pain and passing of the tissue lasted about 2 days but once everything had passed I felt immediately better and the pain subsided straight away. The bleeding continued for about a week like a normal period and that was it.
    I never looked at the toilet bowl as I couldn't bear too so I don't know what passed but a follow up scan confirmed everything was gone.
    Thinking of you at this time and hoping you are ok - the physical side will be over soon and you will be fine.xxxxx
    Look after yourself. x
  • Hugs, I have a MMC so can't really help you, I found out at 11+2 that my baby died 3 weeks earlier literally hours or a day after we had a scan and saw the hb. Take time to grieve for your baby, MC is traumatic but keep letting out your feelings, it really helps not to bottle things up.

Love and hugs x
  • Really sorry to read your story, thinking of you at this difficult time love Luc xxx
  • Hi Annie, so sorry for what your going through at the moment. I am thinking about you and hope you find strength from this forum and your family and friends.

I lost my baby the way you did in March at 8 weeks but was only measuring 6 weeks. I then passed the baby after 6 days of spotting and then the bleading went red. It was the worst feeling and no woman should have to go through this, EVER!!!

I hope physically your feeling better so you can heal emotionally. We are all here for you, take 1 day at a time.

Love n hugs
    Sam