Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feeling really down

hi all...
im so down...
bumped into an old friend of mine who has a perfect little bump and is 16 weeks pregnant!.. made me realise again that i lost my pregnancy in january...
why is it when you have a mc..... everyone seems to be pregnant!.. or talking about pregnancy....
im so worried i wont get pregnant again soon. ...

so many people i know have had trouble trying for their second baby...
anyone have any encouraging stories to tell? x

Replies

• Hi Love,

Sorry to hear you are having a down day, I know exactly how you feel!
    It was my birthday yesterday and my oh took me out to buy some pressies, but it was a nightmare walking around the shops as there were new babies everywhere. I don't know why I do it to myself but I just can't help looking into every pram! I had a mmc in December and I'm still having bad days although they are getting less now.

Try not to worry, I have lots of friends that have suffered mc's and have gone on to have beautiful healthy children.
    Some days it's really hard to stay positive I know! I went through that whole thing of 'what if I don't get pregnant again' and I still feel like that sometimes. But try and hold on to your pma it does wonders!

Sorry I can't offer any more advice, but if you want to chat I' here. xxx

http://t2.lilypie.com/u1vc0/.png

• Hi ladies, I also know how you both feel, had a complete miscarriage in early Feb, was 6 weeks. I only bled for two days and had very little pain. Myself and my partner are both devastated, we felt that the only thing that would help us to move on would be if we started trying to conceive right away.

Went back to work last week only to find out that someone I work with has just announced their pregnancy which wasnt planned, typical eh? Im so jealous and angry!

Burst into tears a few hours ago, had been shopping like yourselves only to find the shops bursting at the seams with new parents!

It truly is a horrible thing, Im also worried I wont conceive again soon but really need to try and keep positive.

Hugs and best wishes to you both xx
  • Hi, I know how you feel I also had a mc in January, was 6 weeks. Loads of people I know seem to be pregnant too.
    I am also worried that I won't get pregnant again soon but I am trying to be positive.
    Good luck to you all x
  • Thanks Sammie,

Its stories like those you have mentioned that really do make me feel better, sending loads of baby dust! xx
  • thanks ever so much ladies...
    im feeling much better today... will hopefully be ovulating in about 7 days time again so fingers crossed. just going to try and have fun with it again but its very hard when you put yourself under so much pressure.
    good luck to all of us..
    thanks again for your support xx

• Hi! I had a complete mc last feb and it took me four months to get pregnant after that. I felt like it was never gonna happen and I got myself really depressed with it. To make things worse, my cousin was also pregnant at the time and her due date was only 2 days earlier than the due date of the baby I lost. I was pregnant by the time my cousins baby was born, but I couldn't help getting upset about the baby I would have had. I'm now 39+4 wks and waiting for baby to arrive.
    My mc still hurts, but I've tried to stay positive and have now convinced myself that it happened for a reason - if i hadn't had my mc then i would not be about to meet my baby son. Take Care, Love Rachel XXX

• I had 7 week m/c over Xmas (my 4th) and did become quite depressed, but after a month decided to try and be more positive. I found it has helped me to have something else to focus on. I have started doing regular exercise at classes and at home. The first 3 weeks were hell! I was aching with sore muscles all the time, but now actually feel a lot fitter with more energy and I actually want to exercise every 2 or 3 days. The recent news story saying that exercise is more effective than antidepressants was interesting, and it has certainly helped me.

I am now 2 days overdue and wondering whether to test - but can't quite get up the nerve to find out!