Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

It's All Too Much!

My DH and I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2006 and this resulted in my right tube being removed in emergency surgery.

In March of last year we decided to go to our GP to have some test done as we were still not pregnant after trying for over a year, I have had HSG, Lap and Dye and been seeing my fertility consultant since May 2008. In January of this year, we were prescribed Clomid and one week last Thursday I did a pregnancy test, thinking that it would be negative, as I assumed I had my period the week before.

Went to EPAU to be told that it was possibly another ectopic and that they couldn't be 100% as they were not sure if they could see anything as we would have been approx 5 weeks pregnant. The hospital kept me in and luckily did not have to have any surgery, so my left tube is still remaining. They keep running HCG levels and although they are dropping they are still over 200.

How can this happen again? Why can't we manage to get pregnant and keep it full term?
We are seeing our fertility consultant on Thursday and hopefully will get some answers as to where we go from here.

Sorry for moan, I just don't know what to do!

Sarah
xx

Replies

• Hi Sarah
    Sorry to see your message - I really wish I had an answer and could help more - I had an ectopic and right tube removed 6 weeks ago so can kind of understand that part - am very pleased to hear you did not have to have surgery this time
    it sounds like you are being listened to and the clomid may work in the future - I know this doesn;t help now so all I can say is that I hope things work out for you soon and that you get some more answers on Thursday

Daisyx
  • Hi Daisy

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear of your loss - saying it will get easier - doesn't make it any better to deal with.

Just be there for each other and talk about it, don't bottle it up.

Thanks
    Sarah
  • Hi there, although I have not had an ectopic pregnancy i can totally relate to the why me and why now feeling. Feel free to talk at any time. it seems I cant get through a day without crying a the moment. I feel so pathetic. My thoughts are with you xxx
  • Hi Sarah,
    I am so sorry for your recent loss. It sounds like you really have had every bit of bad luck going thrown at you. Life really is cruel sometimes. I am sorry I can't say anything to take the pain away at the moment, but we are here for you if you need someone to listen. I hope you can get some answers and support from the doctor this week.
    Sending you gentle hugs at this difficult time.
    Lilou xx
  • Thanks for all your messages, it means so much that I can talk to people on hear and they understand what I am going through.

Going back for another blood test in the morning, so hopefully it will still be going in the right direction.

Sarah
    xx
  • Hi MrsWard
    Its truely awfull what you have been throug. My heart goes out to you.Hope you get on ok on thurs

Lots of hugs annette xxx
  • Hi Sarah
    Just wondered how you are getting on?
    Daisyx
  • Hi Daisy, thanks for message. Saw consultant on Thursday and went for another HCG blood test on Friday, but also had lots of other tests done, so that they can investigate why we have had an ectopic and possible miscarriage, so pleased the consultant is looking into it thoroughly. How are you getting on? Sarah xx
  • Hi Sarah
    Glad to hear the consultant is listening and hope you get some answers soon, sounds like you deserve some positive news
    I;m getting there thanks - back at work f/t, and started to BD again!! (its strange, takes the pressure off as not TTC but also disappointing that we can;t) 7 weeks post op and still waiting for AF so might as well make the most of waiting time! - tho someone said AF might take 3 months to return?!!!
    bye for now
    daisyx
  • Thought things were heading in right direction, but HCG levels have risen, so may need methrotrexate after all. Would like some closure.