Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

don't understand

hi, I'm 8 wks 2 days pregnant, went for an early scan yesterday as I have had 2 blighted ovums in one year. The scan showed I was 8wks 1 day (fetalpole)but they couldn't find a heartbeat. I did not have an internal scan. Can a pregnancy progress without a heartbeat? Did it mean the heartbeat stopped that day? So many unanswered questions. The person who did the scan said to my husband i cold get a second opinion. The doctor wanted to book me straight in for a D&C but I have said no, When i asked if I could be re scanned in a week just to make sure, the doctor advised she did not know if this could be done. Am I wrong in wanting to make sure they have got it right, still have all my symtoms.Can a heartbeat always be seen at 8 weeks?

Replies

• I'm so sorry you're going through this hun, I don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid, but I didn't want to read and run.

I hope you get some answers soon babe

xxx
  • Hi there pet, im so sorry that you are going through this. Its heartbreaking. I hope you have had some answers from the hospital. I had internal scans from 6wks and all showed hb. Sadly lost baby at 9 weeks. You are not alone, and unfortunately there are so many of us that have suffered this terrible loss. The TTC after MC forum is a lot busier, and even if your not TTC, the ladies there are a fantastic support. Id have been lost without them. Take care, and hope to see you in TTC. Love Tracy xx