Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

more than 1 mmc

Im sorry to ask this but has anyone had more than 1 mmc, i had a mmc in dec and found out at my 12 week scan, i am now pg again (about 6 weeks) but im terrified the same is going to happen again. I have heard about repeated natural miscarrriages but not so much about mmc just wondered if its happen to anyone. i know i should think positive and im very lucky to have a 2nd chance so quickly but can't help prepare myself for the worst.

Hope you are all ok and on a positive note it does seem you can be more fertile after a mc so goodluck to you all xxxx

Replies

• if you've hit the 6 weeks hon... just be positive!.. im sure everything will be fine. It can happen sometimes though as
    unfortunatly i had 2 miscarriages . one at 6 weeks and one at 5 weeks after. i got pregnant on second month after and lost again.

im now trying again and am hoping and preying this month will be a good result. im having symptoms....
    BUT i know i will be so scared of having another.
    i think im likely to slip into a depression if i have another one.

im sure your fine if your at 6 weeks already..
    hope everything goes well for you hon..
    x

[Modified by: ex-Pregnant Lady on April 20, 2008 08:50 PM]
  • heya
    i've read that 1 in every 1000 pregnancys end in a mmc so that's not many.
    I had a mmc when i was 12 weeks but the baby had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks.
    I read in a book that if i scan can see a babies heartbeat at 10 weeks then the chance of mc are greatly reduced.
    Until then just take it easy and try not to worry
    good luck and lots of sticky baby dust
    xx