Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is it normal or has our bean gone.

Hi ladies, hope you dont mind me popping over but i need some advice and wasnt sure who to ask..warning tmi.
so im 6weeks 2 days pg and on sept 1st (mon)i started having a brown discharge, mainly when wiping and a little in pants, anyway this contiued and then on the thursday and friday i had some brown and then dark red blood, there wasnt a lot of it but it was definitly red, on saturday it was brown again, then yesterday and today theres been just a little brown. Im really confused?? I have an appointment at the early pg unit on monday (they wont scan til 7 weeks) does it sound to you guys like our bean is gone? the discharge has not been heavy at any point (not as heavy as a normal preiod) but it has lasted for such a long time im worried.

thanks ladies.

Replies

• Hi bailey_b,bleeding is not uncommon in early pregnancy,but have you had any clots or cramps?
    I know exactly what you're going through,but i would try contacting the epu at the hospital if you are worried,i thought they do scan you even if you are under 7 wks,you would probably only see a sac so maybe thats why they leave it a bit longer so thay could actually see a heartbeat.
    Don't know if i've been any help,but good luck! xx
  • Hi Bailey B

I had mc in may and the bleeding started heavy within hours, but everyone is different.
    My sil is 8 weeks pregnant at the moment and has had a mixture of brown discharge and red blood but has been for 3 scans and all is ok and baby is growing, bleeding in early pregnancy is alot more common than we think. I hope everything turns out ok with the scan.

Take care
    xx
  • thanks ladies. Iv contacted the early pg unit and they booked me in for the scan when im 7 weeks,(monday) they said that no pain is a good sign..but i guess time will tell. Do you know how long it would be before a pg test would show negativeif the worst has happened?
  • hi bailey_b ooooh honey i have my fingers and toes crossed for you that this is nothing ... i was told by the doctor to wait at least a week before retesting as if something has gone wrong your hormones would have changed by then - I MC on the fri and retested the next thur and it was a negative ... but hey - tons of PMA to you .. mine was v painful with red blood and clots (sorry TMI) so does sound v different - keep us posted!!
  • hi hun,

just want to say i'm thinking of you and hope everything goes ok next week. lots of women have bleeding - of all shades and quantities and their pregnancies are fine. i thought that implantation bleeding only occurred before AF was due but i was told it can happen at any time so i hope it is that for you.

with my mc the other week i had bright red and i had pain, so no pain is a good sign for you image

my fingers are crossed for you - keep us updated xxxxxx
  • thanks, ill definitly let you know how it goes.
  • *big sigh of relief* just wanted to let you know that bailey bean is fine!!! its little heart was beating away and everything measured up. I was stood shaking with nerves in the waiting area before the scan,....and then was shaking afterwards of relief and excitment when she handed me a picture of our bean safe and sound. thanks for all your support and advice.
  • So pleased for you bailey-b! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.xx