Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Threatened miscarriage

After an awful weekend of heavy bleeding at 5 weeks I was admitted to A&E where they did blood tests, urine tests etc. I've passed blood and clots since Saturday afternoon so presumed pregnancy would be no more. When I got onto the ward the doc did some more tests and said there was a faint positive and that it was a threatened miscariage but that the womb was still closed. I just can't understand how I can be passing so much blood and there still be a pregnancy.

I just don't know what to do.

Replies

• Oh hun I hope your bean is strong and comes through this.
    Thoughts are with you xxx

[Modified by: macdoona on June 08, 2010 10:11 AM]

• hi hun how are things?
    xxx
  • I've got an EPAU appointment in the morning, the bleeding is very heavy in the mornings and is now starting to get lighter during the day. My stomach feels like someone has given it a good kicking.
  • Hi hun how are things?
    xxx
  • I went to EPAU yesterday morning to have it confirmed that I had miscarried ( I knew it myself as there was so much loss and pain). The nurse said I could wait to have a period and then try again but the way I'm feeling right now I don't think I can put myself through it again.
  • hun i am so sorry you have had to go through this. there is absolutely nothing anyone can say to you that will make much sense or make you feel better right now. I started to lose my baby 2 weeks today and it took three days for it to leave me. I am only starting to feel the fog lifting from my mind.

All I can say is to hang on and get as much support as you can from your partner and family/friends. Talk about it.. I think what helped me is I have started keeping a diary, I know it sounds juvenile but I found being able to express myself to someone who would not comment or give opinions really helpful.
    Please dont give up hope on the baby front.. was this your first miscarriage? you have a great chance of a successful pregnancy 87%.. thats really high. I know it seems hard to thing right now about the future but what pulled me through was my hope. Never give up faith or hope.

Also dont let anyone make you feel like this pregnancy was not important because they did with me. But it was a beautiful life who was too special for this world. you will get some stupid comments from people but always remember your baby and think about the miracle that you might have.

please chat to us if you need help or support. I started to feel angry about week after, this is normal.

xxx
  • Thank you hoping2try again, it was my first miscarriage, my daughter is 3 now and despite having a difficult pregnancy with bleeding throughout, I never 'expected' this to happen. It is just such a horrible thing to have to go through. It is now over a week since the spotting started and I'm still bleeding and today it is heavier with cramps. I am just so tired and the prospect of returning to work tomorrow after the holidays is worrying me.