Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bad news I think!!!

went to Great western hospital in Swindon this morning due to loosing some light brown blood ,
When I got there it changed to a Reddish colour, but I haven't had any pains! and the bleeding isn't heavy?
Am booked in for an ultrasound scan tomorrow morning,
The Nurse I saw said it sounsd good as I havent passed any clots or am not in any pain, but not convinced! just frieghtend !

Can any one give me any advice ? x x x x x:\?

Replies

• Try to keep calm until your scan tomorrow. Any stress could only make things worse. So settle yourself in to bed tonight, relax and try get some sleep. A lot of girls bleed throughout their pregnancy and go on to have healthy babies so it doesn't necessarily mean bad news. Try to keep positive right now.
    Let us know how you get on tomorrow. How far along are you (not that it really matters)?
    xx
  • Thanks ever so much for your advice ! it really helps when you have someone to talk to.
    Am about 7 wks but for the weeks I am my tummy looks so much bigger?
    Am so not looking forward to tomorrow although i understand that nature is nature .
    But I will stay as calm as i can untill then with my fingers crossed.
    Will let you know of the outcome though hun.

xxxx Many Thanks again xxxx
  • Yes think postive thoughts if you can.

It can be normal to have some bleeding between 6-8 wks as I think it is the cervix opening for implantation to the womb (if I remember that correctly!). I remember seeing it in my baby book and I'd also asked the doc about it before I'd learnt I'd had a mmc and they said that was right. So bleeding doesn't necessarily mean bad news. Just keep an eye out that you don't pass any clots and if you do before you go to the doc tomorrow try to keep them to take with you.

When I was 7wks I was back home with my mum in oz and she told me I had a "potty" already. No mum, I'm just fat ! Still it made me smile. I think I had filled out a little then with water retention. Our bodies do weird and wonderful things.

Well I hope you are now resting and come back and let us know how you are. Good luck, thinking of you xx
  • Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow and say I hope everything will be ok.

Take care, NN xx
  • Good luck for today Busy...I hope everything goes well for you.

I know exactly how your feeling, but fingers crossed that everything will be ok.

Take care xxx