Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Confused?!

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for nearly 9 months. We already have 1 son, who is nearly 3, and fell for him first time. It was quite a shock the first month this time that I didn't fall immeditely. I had an internal scan recently, and showed up no problems and have recently had blood tests to check my hormone levels. I haven't had the results for these yet, but my doctor has asked me to make a routine appointment to discuss the results - just haven't got around to it!
Anyway...my period is always irreglar so I never think about it when it's not on time. When I was a week late I kept saying to my husband that I was having period pains, so would be due any day...nothing happened. When I was 9 days late, my husband commented that I wasn't suffering with hayfever this year (didn't get hayfever when I was pregnant with our son) and joked that I may be pregnant. I then got my hopes up, but when I went to the toilet later, my knickers were wet with blood (sorry...tmi!) I put on a pad and had a bit more blood then a bit of spotting for the next few days. Today I am 12 days old and still having occasional cramps and period pains (dragging feeling). I did a pregnancy test this aftenoon and it was positive. I worried and immediatly thought it may be eptopic (I tend to worry a lot since recovering from PND), phoned NHS direct and they sent me to the out of hours doctor. He was not helpful. Took my temp (slightly high) blood pressure (slightly high) and felt my tummy. Said it probably wasn't eptopic, possibly a miscarriage! Told me to test again in the morning and if it is positive go to my doctor. He said my tummy felt a bit soft! I am so confused and I don't know where I stand? Has this happened to anyone else? Sorry for going on!!

Replies

• Sorry I can't give you any advice - but have you had any luck finding out what's going on yet?

I'd be sure to go to the GP and get some answers - I hope it's nothing too serious, and it's just a bad case of period pains so that you can start ttc again when AF moves on

xxx
  • Thanks poppy - things seem to be a bit more positive now. I did another test this morning and it was positive. Cut a long story short - I had a scan this afternoon, which shows that the lining of my womb has thickened and they found a small sac. I had a blood test, which I am waiting for the results now, then another scan in 2 weeks.
  • I'm glad things are looking up - let us know how you get on.

xxx babydust xxx