Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

2nd Miscarriage....

Hi,

Feeling very sorry for myself today - I had a miscarriage end of November at about 6 weeks, went for a scan shortly afterwards and they confirmed it was a complete mc and i had passed everything naturally. We were eager to start ttc again and the doctor said if we wanted to we could and to our suprise on Tuesday New Years day did a pregnancy test and it was positive but yesterday had very slight spotting and the doctor said it could be an implantation bleed, however today I have definitly miscarried as loads of bleeding and clots - I called the docs and she said yes it sounds like it.

I can't beleive its happened again, as much as I don't want to we are gonna leave it now for a few months before considering trying again - let my system get back to normal, but im so worried now there is something wrong - I wondered if there are many of you that have had 2 in a row and everything has been ok.?

:cry:
Nic xx

Replies

• Hiya nic,

So sorry to hear about your loss (Hugs!) but i too have had 2 mc, 1st in nov 06 then 2nd in may 07. And im now 13 weeks pregnant and everything seems fine this time. I know its easier said than done but make time for you to grieve and get over this happening before you try again. Give your body and your emotions a rest for a while. It does get easier in time xx

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev190pf___.png

• Sorry to hear your bad news nic, i have never suffered a mc so i have no idea how you are feeling but it must be devestating. I think after have 2 mc's you should be able to go to the doctor and get him to refer you to get a scan to see why you keep mc if there is an answer or if there isnt you know it wouldnt happen again.

Good luck with the future im sure you will make the right decision as to ttc again x
  • Hi Nic sorry to hear your news I had 2 miscarriages after my eldest staright after one another in a space of 6 months, I then fell straight away after 2nd miscarriage without a period and now have my second daughter who is 14 months old and pregnant with number 3.

Good luck xxxxx
  • Thanks ladies, good to hear you are 13wks pregnant now mikayla - I just have to be patient (which is very hard for me!) and leave it for a bit - its just very frustrating.
    The doctor said they wouldn't do any tests until I had 3or more mc's and see no reason why i couldn't have a healthy pregancy next time as im 29 and healthy!

Nx
  • Thanks madnbella+1, thats lovely to hear that you have had success after your mc's. Feeling a bit better now after reading replies just having tearful moments every so often.

Nx
  • Doctor wont do any tests with me till ive had 3 either x
  • Hi Nic

Im so sorry to hear about your loss, i too have had 2 mcs 1st in may and 2nd in sep. I still think about them everyday but things do get easier with time. I wish you all the luck with ttc in the future xx
  • Thanks nic22, sorry to hear you've been through the same too it's hard isn't it and i know your right things will get easier, just need to keep busy and that way time will fly by.

n xx
  • hiya
    im so sorry for your losses and i hope you are copeing. i know how you feel as i had 2 miscarriges after i had my eldest a one at 12 weeks and one at 7 weeks, but then i went on to have a healthy boy who is now 3 and then i had another one who is 16 months and now i am 31 weeks with number 4.
    i remember feeling like i was the only one in the world and no one understood and cried everyday for weeks, you never forget but i promise it does get so much easier and if you keep strong and remember there are lots of people here who have been through the same thing who you can always talk things through with then im sure before you know it you will have the family that you want.
    keep strong and i wish you every success in the future
    love vikki xxxx
  • Thanks vikki, other than my hubbie i haven't told any of my family about the 2nd mc so it is nice to talk about it and have support on here from other ladies who have been through the same.
    Congrats to you on being pregnant again.
    N xx
  • hi
    so sorry to hear about your mc. might want to wait a couple of months until your body gets back to normal
    amber
  • Oh Nic, I am so sorry to hear about this 2nd misc. You must be gutted and I think a break from TTC for a month or 2 would be good for you.
    I'm not looking on the site so much as felt it was making me obsessed with ttc and if we didn't test so much I'm sure many of us would mc without realising we were preg.
    Lots of love xxx
  • Hi Nic - I'm really sorry to hear your news.

I wanted to give you a bit of hope - I am 41 now (no spring chick) and have had two healthy daughters (aged 16 & 19) with one miscarriage between them. Started trying again about 18 months ago and had two mmc last year, which was awful, 2nd one when we were on holiday in Dominican and I was 12 + 5 wks.

I am now 23 weeks pregnant and fingers crossed everything going well - have had 3 scans and regular checkups. The only thing is I now have bad SPD which is agony, but worth putting up with all the pain as long as baby is fine.

All I can say is take it at your own pace - do what YOU and your oh want to do. The Dr said there was no reason for me waiting and suggested I didn't as 'your not getting any younger!' - charming eh? But you have loads of time on your side. Little things will upset you months down the line and certain dates will do that too! Even when I've been pregnant I still get upset for the babies I've lost - hormones are wonderful things too - not!

I really wish you all the best for the future - you will get there - and baby will be extra special when they arrive. Take comfort from these pages, they helped me loads and loads.

Take care

lots of love and a big hug

Jac
    xx
  • Thanks for your replies ladies. I agree camlo, i have decided to not test early now and leave for as long as poss before doing a pg test as both mc's have been quite early on - the last one was literally 2 days after i did the test! Not sure when we will start trying again probably sooner rather than later as im just not patient enough - ha ha but gonna get back to the gym and running now as i haven't had the energy or motivation in the last 3 months and feel fit and healthy!!

jacmac, thats great to hear you are 23wks pregnant after your losses, It has definitly helped with support on here Im feeling positive most of the time at the moment but because i got married in September a lot of people keep asking whether we are trying or want children and i know they don't know whats happened but it gets me down. Like you say it will happen and I do have to be patient as much as im not!

Take care,
    Thanks a lot.
    N xx

[Modified by: Nic29 on January 09, 2008 09:18 PM]