Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hi....

Hi, can I join you please? I don't really know where else to turn at the mo. I suffered a miscarriage over the last week or so at 8-9 weeks (was due in may) and am absolutely in limbo. It took my dh and I over a year to conceive and we were so delighted that we had managed it naturally. I spent 4 nights in hospital as they thought I had a cornual ectopic (thank god I didn't) and then miscarried. I feel like such a failure at the minute, I'm torn between starting again straight away and not being able to go through the whole ordeal ever again. Does/did anyone else here feel like this??? I'm so sorry to come on here and moan, I really just need to see that there are other people who have been through this and come out the other side.
Many thanks,
xxxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Happy Traveller

I am so sorry to read your devastating news; I too was also due in May 2010 and am currently going through my 3rd miscarriage at the moment after 18 months ttc and as yet no dear children.

After my first miscarriage I couldn't stand the thought of ever going through this again or even considering ttc once more, but it is true time is a healer and whilst I would have never have forgot my little bean the desire to have a child and start again was so strong.

Take time for yourself and with your o/h to grieve for the baby you have lost, you are not a failure and I know life is just so cruel sometimes, come on here to moan anytime you like.....and whilst it might not seem like it at the moment you will make it out the other side and hold your little one in your arms one day.

((((Hugs))))
  • Options
    Hi,
    thank you so much for your lovely message. I know, logically, that everything you've said is true, I just can't quite get my brain to accept it at the minute. I'm so sorry you've been through this 3 times, I honestly don't know how you cope with such a heartbreaking experience.
    Hopefully we'll both make onto the due in forums again soon, I'll be looking out for you xx
  • Options
    Hi,
    thank you so much for your lovely message. I know, logically, that everything you've said is true, I just can't quite get my brain to accept it at the minute. I'm so sorry you've been through this 3 times, I honestly don't know how you cope with such a heartbreaking experience.
    Hopefully we'll both make onto the due in forums again soon, I'll be looking out for you xx
  • Options
    welcome happytraveler, tho would be nicer if we could meet in another part of the forum. I was due in april, and had MC at about 8 weeks about a month ago. it was our first pg, and it took us 8months to conceive. None of us will ever be the same after an MC, but a month on from where you are now I want you to know it will get easier. If you're like me you'll feel better at times, then cry and feel bad again, but the crying will gradually get less. this forum has helped me soooo much through this difficult time. TTC after MC is a busier forum, with lots of ladies who'll understand what you're going through, even if you're not ready to ttc yet. when you feel ready is a very personal choice. We tried again straight away, but everyone's different.

Gems
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks Gemgems, it really would be nicer if we could meet in another forum wouldn't it! I totally know what you mean about crying sometimes and then feeling vaguely normal at other times. I've posted over on ttc after mc also, so will prob see you over there! Thanks for replying xxx
  • Options
    Hi HT, n5228 and Gems (again!),

I was also due in May. I was due on 3rd May. Because this is my 2nd mc, I didn't have the guts to post on there to announce my pg as I wanted to get past 12 weeks first. That obviously wasn't meant to be this time.

Everything you've all said sounds familiar. Having good days / weeks, then bad days / weeks.

On a more positive note, I did have a successfuly pg after my first mmc and gave birth to the most gorgeous baby son. He's now a very busy 20 month old little man and very funny and mischevous. I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by talking about him, but there is hope and you can have healthy pgs after mc - even though I was anxious throughout my pg last with DS until I was about 30 weeks and I finally believed I was going to have a baby!

Also, on a positive note, all the women I befriended on here have gone on to have healthy babies now (the last of us just last month!) so don't give up hope.

I got my AF yesterday (5 weeks after ERPC). We're going to wait another month before we start TTC again.

Take care,

J x