Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

is this my period?...confused!!

Hi everyone! i'm after some advice if anybody can help me.I had a miss miscarriage diagnosed at the end of July but i only miscarried 3 weeks ago today. i took a pregnancy test last week on the advice of the midwife which came back positive.I was told to wait another week and try again as they thought it was probably the pregnancy hormones tailing off. On Monday i started with period like pains that where so much more painful than normal i had a few tiny clots too and a little blood,yesterday it started flowing like a normal period however the pain is much worse. i took a pregnancy test last night which is now showing negative. could this be my period? i just presumed it would take longer to come than 3 weeks . has anybody elses periods come back differntly? i never had painful periods before. hope it's not too much info!! thank you in advance XX

Replies

• Hi, didn't want to R&R!

I had a missed miscarriage last week, had the ERPC on Thursday & OMG, I have NEVER experienced pain like I did last night!!! I had period like pains, but a lot LOT stronger!!

Sorry I can't help, as I only miscarried a week ago, & am still bleeding from the ERPC. I was told that my first period will be irregular & could come at any time, so maybe this is yours first! x
  • Hey hun, it is not uncommon for the first AF after mc to be a rotten one, hope your hanging in there xx