Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

delayed miscarriage

hi,
I am new to this but having been looking on the internet trying to make sense of what has happened i thought who better to talk to and understand then other mums.
I was pregnant and was 13 wks on thurs 27th march.
Me and my hubby were at our first scan and found out at the scan that our baby had no heartbeat.
I had no bleeding no cramping no signs at all, I was so stressed with all the tests and had been unwell with a virus a few wks before. But nothing nothing prepared me for that morning. I wanted it to happen naturally which it did 29th pm but ended up having an ercp as didnt happen the way it should of.
I feel so lost lonely and am fed up of all the oh your bound to feel like this comments!!

I am a childrens nurse which makes going back to work unbearable at the mo!
I just feel so angry and everywhere I go pregnant people and children!!! its like im being punished!!!
Part of me wants to try again but another part of me is so scared to even go there!!
will i ever feel able to move on x
nicki

Replies

• Oh sweetheart ur obviousley still grieving at the moment which is competely normal. I had a mc on the 25th december after a car accident and the 1st few weeks were awful it was hard being around people who knew cause they kept asking if i was okay. I am lucky that i already have a beautiful daughter who helped take my mind of things.

Its such a cliche but time is a great healer u don't 4get but it gets easier, there will be times when u still feel down about it or angry when confronted with a pg lady or a pg announcement but this is normal.

I wish i could offer u some great words of wisdom to make this easier but i can't u need to deal with this in your own way, take time to grieve and heal.

If you need to talk or vent we're all here to listen to you.
    xxxxxxxxx
  • the exact thing happened 2 me 4 weeks ago! i thought id never b able to get over it , andi wont, but it did take a few weeks for the crying and the feeling that it was something idid to stop! we are ttc again this is our 2nd week! everybody is diferent wen it comes to ttc again! just remember things like this do happen for a reason n it wasnt anything that u did n there was nithing u could of done to stop it from hapenening its one of the worse things that as ever happened to me n i will never 4 get the lo i had inside of me n im sure u will but jus b strong n look 2 the future hope this helps!! keep in touch ! xx
  • The same thing happened to me & I am still waiting for things to happen naturally. I went for a scan 4 weeks ago for slight spotting to discover the heartbeat was week, went back the following week and the hearbeat had stopped. I want things to happen naturally, dont want to have to go into hospital or take pills. We are going to try again as soon as the bleeding has stopped and things have happened xx