Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

aaaaargh

Just having a rant
I had a missed miscarriage on the 16th of march, found out at my 12 week scan.
My mother has just been round and said ooh are you sure you're not pregnant you look it, yes I have a jelly belly but there was no need for that, she seems to think I should be over it by now, she was the same when I had my ectopic 2 years ago. I have now spent the afternoon in tears when I was just beginning to come to terms with the miscarriage. sorry if Im rambling on but she's really upset me. have to pull myself together now before husband gets in from work as he'll go mad and want to have a go at her. Thanks for listening.

Mandy

Replies

• poor you, rant all you like. your mother sounds as sensitive as mine, who told me at my 1st m/c "well nothing like this has ever happened in our family before" well gee thanks for that mum that made me feel a whole lot better. I know nothing i can say will make you feel any better but just to let you know you are not alone. big hugs xxx
  • sorry to hear you're having such a tough time.
    I had a mmc in feb and found out at my 12 week scan.
    It's such a hard ting to deal with and it still hurts so much now but you just learn to live with the pain.
    Hope you can have a nice hug from your hubbie to make you feel better.
    about 3 weeks after my mc my mum and a few other people seemed to think i should just be over it by then but i wasn't. don't let anybody bully you into acting better if your not. Take your time to grieve and in your own time things will be easier
    take care
    xx
  • Thanks for the kind words, a bit of tlc off hubby and some Ben & Jerry's (only 3 spoonfulls) and I felt a bit better

Mandy
    xx