Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Back after a late miscarriage...

Hello all, I am hoping for some help... I had a late miscarriage 2 weeks ago at 19 weeks... it has been a rough ride for the last couple of weeks - but I am now in the right frame of mind to be here.. I am having a couple of counselling sessions through the hospital... but want to take other positive steps..!

I had a labour induced miscarriage - and then had heavy bleeding up until the day before yesterday... so my questions are..

1. when do you think I will get my first period... I have been told 4 - 6 weeks after bleeding stops - has anybody had an experience of this.. (sorry to ask)

2. I have been told to wait to ttc until after my first period... I find this a bit confusing..!! Does this mean wait for period.. and then wait to ovulate and then we can try - or does that mean have first period then wait for the second one to come and then we can try...

Sorry if these sound a bit silly - - its just that I am all a bit mixed up after the miscarriage - I haven't slept in 2 and a half weeks.. and I just want to start getting these things straight in my head...

Thank you for helping..
A xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, hope you are feeling a little better.
    I don't think I can help that much as i only had a mmc but here goes...
    I had ERPC after MMC. (2 weeks today) I am still bleeding a little even today. I think it is just how your body responds, I am not worrying too much about this.
    I was told to wait until I have had 2 periods i.e ovulate, period, ovulate, period then try.
    Hope this has helped a little
    I am taking nytol as they seem to be helping me to take my mind off things and get some sleep at night.

Take care, Love Chocolate cakex
  • Options
    Hey Junebean,

I think you are doing amazingly well after what you've been through...

I've had 2m/c but mine were first trimester...when they ask you to wait for one period they mean the first one you have after your bleeding stops, so you bleeding has now stopped and sometime in the next few weeks (possibly up to 6) you'll get your period and then you can start after that.

I had councelling after my 2ud m/c as mine were straight after each other and I didn't handle it well at all but the therapy really did help as well as taking a break for a few months...

Wishing you all the luck for a bfp and a happy healthy future pregnancy...

Sarah
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    hi junebean, i had a m/c at 16 weeks (4 years ago now) like you it was labour induced as my baby girl had died inside me. I bled for 6 weeks after and was told to wait for my first period to start again, i think they meant just waiting for your first period because it is easier for them to date as the bleeding you have after m/c is not a period and it can take a good few weeks for your normal period to return. hope that makes sense. Hayley x