Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Buying this for my bean.

Hi girls,

Just wanted to show you the bear I have bought online just now for my bean. I think it is really appropriate, and cute. I know others have done the same or similar.

Don't need any replies, just wanted to share. Hugs to all. xx

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41umiXJOfwL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Replies

• It's lovely... a really lovely thought.

We did a "Build a Bear" when we lost little Henry Bean - we kissed the little heart they pop inside the bears tummy before they fill it and I burst into tears in the shop :cry: We had Henry Bean Bear in our bed for months afterwards, but he's now in baby Angus's cot, waiting for the arrival of his big brother or sister.

I hope you're doing ok hon...

Much love, Julie xxx
  • Hi Julie, thank you for your reply.

I knew you had done that for Henry bean, and thought it was a lovely idea. I really wanted an angel bear, and was lucky enough to come across this one.

I'm doing ok, it's hard at times. But you just have to get through those bits, and look forward. xx
  • Hun that is lovely! Where did you get him from? I really want one now he is lovely! Do they have lots of different kinds?

S
    xxx
  • Hi Sweetie,

This one is from Amazon.co.uk, but the person selling it has a website All Things Beanie. There is only one that I found, this is actually from the Ty baby beanie range. xx
  • This is lovely mitichal. Myself and dh were thinking about what to buy to remember our little bean by and this looks perfect.
    I'm going onto Amazon now!
    xx
  • That's great MrsDAO, the seller will wonder what on earth is going on! image xx
  • Oh Mithical that is really lovely. I hope it will give you lots of comfort.

I was thinking about buying a teddy bear in memory of my angels - kind of feel like I need something to cuddle (does that sound silly at 25!?).

Debbie - if it makes you feel better then I definitely think you should get something in memory of your baby.

Love NN xxx
  • If you want something like a teddy to cuddle then go for it NN.

I know it will make me feel better having something physical to remember bean by. I also know at some point I will be able to look at it and not feel so sad in the future.

My angel bear and bean will be able to watch over my baby, when I have one! image xx
  • Thats so cute...

Last year I thought about this for ages, i looked in to planting trees, buying teddys etc, but do you ever get that feeling that people seem to think that after a certain time people think you should be getting over it? anyway i sort of got to that stage, then i was looking though the Tiffanys website and found their bean necklace, i loved it, unfortunatly i couldn't afford it but found almost identical one in Next at christmas...a little sterling silver bean... i brought it for myself and told no one... i wear it everyday, and i fiddle and play with it, it reminds me what ive been though and i feel like it brings me strengh to keep going, and keeps me close to my little bean! Its funny cos my friend commented
    "you dont even drink coffee" lol! but my sis took one look at it and smiled " ohh its your bean"... i didnt need to tell her, i knew she knew. I havent even told my husband, not for any reason he's so supportive but i like it being my thing, and now you know! lol.

What else have people done to remember their special babies?

Gem x
  • That's lovely Gem. I guess when we know what is right, we know! xx
  • what a lovely hting to do Mithical - i hope it brings you lots of comfort.

Catch up soon x x