Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

so upset

Hi
I'm Mandy, I'm 37 and absolutely gutted. Found out I was expecting in january and we had 2 early scans as my last preg was ectopic. Had a dating scan at 12 weeks only to find out I had miscarried at 8 weeks. Feel totally numb. Had to go into hospital yesterday to have a d and c to remove pregnancy and I just feel in limbo, my boobs still hurt like I'm pregnant which is awful and my husband is absolutely heartbroken as thats 2 babies we've lost now in 2 years.

Mandy

Replies

• Oh Mandy im so sorry to hear your sad news. I dont know what to say but you both need time to grieve for both your lost babies. I hope with time it will get easier for you both and that you will soon have the baby you both want so much. x
  • Hi Mandy,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I too have had a miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy so I know exactly how you are feeling. Although you sadly miscarried, it's positive for you that the baby grew in the right place, as you must know thats a huge hurdle to overcome for someone who has suffered an ectopic pregnancy. It's still early days right now and your feelings are raw, just allow yourself to grieve, get some support and plenty of rest. I know it must seem like the world has ended, I felt complete devestation when I was diagnosed with my ectopic pregnancy/miscarriage - time is a healer and this time next year you will still remember your loss, but be able to cope and look forward to what the future holds.

Take care
    natasha
  • Hi
    thanks for all your support and kind words, thought I was coping but now my husband has gone back to work I have more time to think. We're meant to be going to mallorca on saturday but I really couldnt care less if we go or not, I just feel like curling up and locking the whole world out

Mandy
    xx
  • Heya
    I understand how you're feeling. i had a mc in feb, I was 12 weeks but baby had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. I thought I was coping until my hubbie went bck to work and then i really struggled. It's hard to believe but it does get better.
    It takes time and a lot of grieving but you will get there.
    Even though you don't feel like it, I'm sure your holiday will help you.
    Take care
    xxx