Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early mc

Hi hope you dont mind me posting

Found out i was pg a week ago and it was the most fantastic news.

Then on monday had a few spots but dr said this should be ok as long as a had no pain. Today had my 1st dr apponitment but i thought i would just do a last HPT before i went and it came up BFN

I couldnt beleive it so OH went out and bought 2 more CBD and they both also came up BFN

Went to dr and there i started to bleed. She had told me it is a mc and i have to go for a scan on monday to see if there is anything left

Im so gutted i cant believe this is happening

I just wanna be pg

Replies

• Of course you can post Lea, that's what we are here for to support each other.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My mc was a mmc, so I didn't go through any bleeding. But I can imagine how awful it is.

The next couple of days are going to be tough, waiting for it to all be over. I hope it happens painlessly, and without complications. Rest and make sure you and OH keep talking to each other.

We are here if you need us. Hugs. xx
  • Im not really sure what will happen over the next few days?
    Will i bleed alot? will i pass clots?
    Sorry but not sure what to expect x
  • I can only answer from what I have read on here hun. You may experience pain (bad period pain I think), some get more than others.

You will bleed and it could be quite heavy, and there will be tissue/clots in it, if you are miscarrying fully. You mustn't wear a tampon, only pads. Sorry to be graphic, but it's best you know what to expect, rather than being more scared. xx
  • Hi Lea79
    so sorry to hear your sad news, its a shock to go from being so happy to devastated - I don;t know about the bleeding as I had an ectopic but can understand your feelings,
    take care of yourself
    Daisyx
  • Hi hun x
    Am so sorry that you are going through this x I know how horrible this is to go through x I can only say that it does get easier with time x I know exactly how you feel as well - I really was just trying to focus on the future and want to be pregnant again, but please give yourself time to grieve x
    I can tell you what happened to me sorry it might be a little too much information x
    I was the same as mithical and had a mmc, I ended up losing the baby naturally (not by choice was messed around by the hospital after being booked in for an erpc).
    Unfortunatly I think everyone is different and I was further along than you, I was around 11-12 weeks x
    I did pass a lot of clots and a lot of blood. It was very painful for me, however it got so bad that I had to go back into hospital as the bleeding was so heavy, I think that they said to go in if the bleeding was soaking through a pad in less than 30mins x
    Sorry I know that this may be a bit TMI, and i really hope that is isnt as bad for you hun x I'm only telling you this as I had no idea what to expect, like mithical has said as well it is different for everyone, so i hope for you that it is just like a bad period x
    If you do need to talk or if i can help you with anything else feel free to email me x
  • I had a chemical pregnancy last August - which basically is a very early miscarriage - essentially fertilisation occured but implantation didn't happen for whatever reason. I got a BFP then a few days later got BFN's - started spotting - did a CBD which came up 'Not Pregnant' - Started bleeding heavily after that. I was probably about 5 weeks along. My bleeding was like a heavy period, quite painful but nothing that couldn't be handled with ibuprofen. Bleeding lasted about 6 days. It is a horrible process and I am so sorry you're having to go through it - some positive information is that I got a sticky BFP the following month and I now have a three week old little boy.

HTH.x
  • hi i'm so sorry for your loss. i had early mc last month. it was just like a very heavy period with a few clots, and bad period pain. i bled for a little longer than usual but was then back to normal. it was upsetting to keep seeing the blood and thinking of what could have been, but i allowed myself to be upset and have a moan. i hope that everything goes swiftly and smoothly for you. xx
  • I'm sorry for you loss hunny ((((hugs))). I had an early MC 2 weeks ago, I was 7 weeks + 3 days and it was a pretty awful weekend all in all.
    Mine started off with browny dischargy that then turned to blood, it had a few clots on the Friday but only a dull ache belly pain (and my cervix was still closed) then on the Sat I was doubled over and had to change the sanitry towel twice in an hour and in the afternoon it stopped and then started again Sunday through to the Tuesday but that was more like a normal period - it was just Sat that was the pretty horrendous day for pain and bleeding and lots of clots which were not good to see at all!
    I spent most of that weekend up the hospital, A&E and the EPU clinic and they were so lovely.
    Had to have blood tests and scans and had to go back last Monday for final blood tests to make sure pregnancy hormone was out of system.
    It is horrible seeing the blood and I had a week off work as felt so low but have found this forum a god-send.
    It will get better hunny, I pormise, I'm just about believng that myself now image and in time I know we can try again.
    Hope you're OK and post on here if you want to talk - its really helped me
    xxxx
  • just wondered how you are and how it went today?
    i also have had a bleed today so i am preparing myself for the worse again!!
    sambooxx
    xxxxxxxxx
  • Early mc can vary. My first at 5 weeks was just a heavy period, my second at 7 weeks didn't hurt but I bled for ages but ended up going back to doc as it was red blood after a couple of weeks. My third at 9 weeks was heavy, clots and lots of pain - worse than any period pain so probably like labour pains although I haven't got that far yet. Most only bleed for a week or so, getting lighter. AF can show up around 4 weeks later (sometimes more). The emotional side is just as variable. I needed a couple of weeks off work to recover.
    Good luck - we're thinking of yoU
    Lentil 15+3 with everything crossed!
  • Just wanna says thanks to you all, its been a great help to hear all you expereinces so i know what to expect.

I went to hospital on monday and they scanned me and said that everything had come out natturally and i havent had any pain and my bleeding has now stopped.

I am trying to be positve and look forward to the future and trying again.

I have a rubella injection booked on monday and can start trying 4 weeks after so lots of practising then goinna make the most perfect baby.

Good luck to all you lovely ladies and i hope to speak soon x x x x
  • So glad it's physically over for you. It's good you can look to the future. Good luck. xx

8+6
  • Good luck for the future hun - Got to be postive - we all have to be and as much as I did hate people saying this to me just the other - our time will come xxxxx