Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

My baby has died

went for my scan today, and found out that my baby died at 9.1, am now at home, waiting for things to happen naturally, scan person said it died 3 weeks ago, so I should lose it within the next 2 weeks, me and husband are devasted, can't believe my little baby is in me but dead, i can't see how i can face the world at the moment, how can i go to work? i can't stop crying. I wish it was still alive, but it is not

Replies

• oh honey i'm so sorry xxxxxxx
  • How awful for you, perhaps if you feel the wait is going to be unbearable or it gets too close to xmas you could ask for an erpc or D&C. Sending a prayer for you xx
  • Hi
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I went through the same thing in july. I had a scan at 11wks & found out I was having twins but they'd stopped growing at 8wks.
    Its such a devastating thing & nothing anyone says will make you feel better. I just found that with time I'v learned to cope with it better.
    Is there no way you can take time off work? You & your OH need time together. I'm sure you could get a Drs sick note.
    Take Care
    Helen x x
  • sorry to hear about your loss. Had mc at beginning of month too. Had a sick note for a week and didn't tell anyone except my boss who said i could have longer off if needed. Hope you and OH will get through this in time. Speak to gp if you feel you need some support to grieve or medical help to pass the baby. I'm sorry it hurts but it will start to ease. I found talking to OH hard at first and felt he didn't understand even as it was early on. Here if you need us. take care. Filo x
  • Sorry to hear that too, had a mc also at the beginning of the month, know what you mean it was hard facing work I only told one colleague who i work closely with as i broke into tears one day - i know its the old cliche but you will feel better, 2 weeks on and im feeling a lot more positive about things.
    Take care.
    N xxx
  • So sorry for your loss, I had a mmc last year and like you found out at a scan when i thought i was 13 weeks that baby had died at 10weeks. I had told everyone as thought i was passed the 12 weeks so had to let everyone know i had mc which was hard.
    I found alot of people were uncomfortable talking about it but personally found it much easier if people were more upfront and open about everything.
    We planted a tree to remember our baby by and will never forget them, i still think about my baby every day but the pain does lessen.
    Stay strong and take care.
    Lots of hugs xx
  • HIYA CHICK .. SORRY 4 UR LOSS BUT I WAS GOING THRU TH XCACT THING ITS TH WORST FEELIN EVER AND ITS REALLY HARD TO DEAL WITH BUT U JUST NEED TO LUK AT THE FUTURE HUN . I NO ITS HORRIBLE BUT WEN U DO MISSCARRY U FEEL ALOT BETTER .. I DID !! I MISSCARRIED LAST NYT AND ALL I CAN THINK OV IS TRYN AGAIN AM NOT HAPPY THT IT HAPPENED BUT AM GLAD THY CME OOT NATURALLY MY BABYS WERE DED INSIDE ME FOR 5 WEEKS AND WEN THY DO FINALLY CUM OOT ITS A RELIEF .. SO LUK UP 2 TH FUTURE AND JUST THINK WEN U DO MISSCARRY ITS A GD THING B-COZ U CAN TRY AGEN AND BETTER LUK IN TH FUTURE .. ANNMARIE X X