Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

What blood tests/investigations?

Hi

I have just suffered my second miscarriage in a row (1st at mmc at 13wks & 2nd at 7wks). We have been trying for over a year to have our first baby and feel like a complete failure at the moment. I know most doctors will not refer patient until they have suffered a 3rd but just can't stand the thought of even trying again only to loose our precious baby once more.

I have finally managed to get an appointment with our GP in 2 weeks and what to go armed with everything possible and at least demand to have some simply blood tests/investigations. The internet has an overwhelming amount information but I not sure where to start, does anyone know what blood tests/investigations or suggest a good website.

I see that lots of people also take a low dose of aspirin and also progesterone pessaries not sure I can ask about being prescribed these yet?

Thanks for all your help x

Replies

• Options
    hi..i too am suffering a MC at the moment,i also had a MMC in march,so this is our second baby we have lost,we have been trying since for 9months.
    i have appt with dr later today and have a list of questions for him

can i take aspirin now as i heard some people do after MC

Is there anything i can do differently?(he'll prob say loose weight!)
    when can we try again?(i hate the thought of waiting as im 34 and hubby is 35)
    will i be offered a scan or checkup at hospital to see that MC is complete?

xxxxx good luck,keep in touch
  • Options
    Hi clarehair I am so sorry to read that you are also going through your 2nd misscarriage. Hopefully you will get some answers from your doctor today,
    I wanted to be armed with everything possible as I don't want to be brushed off like last time.

let me know how you get on...thinking of you x
  • Options
    Hi hun,

I think that if you can at least get simple blood tests done to check hormone levels then thats a start. I've had 2 miscarriages as well, a mmc in Jan & a early/chem last month, my gp was lovely & has referred me to see a gynae ( I do have a gynae history) push with them hun as I dont see wht we should have to go through so much heartache when there could maybe be a simple amswer.

Good Luck xx