Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I want to know!

Hello everyone, I haven't been on this website for ages but I just need to talk. I'm currently 6+3 on my second pregnancy and this time round it feels so different. I've lost the little pregnancy symptoms I had on Friday and I had some brown spotting on Monday. I went to the Drs who wouldn't refer me for a scan as its too early and basically said it was tough if a miscarriage happened as there was nothing that can be done and to come back if any bleeding became heavy. The spottings now stopped but I'm so scared that the baby's died and I don't know as I haven't really bled. All I can imagine is that I'll go for the 12 week scan and there won't be a heartbeat. I just want to know for sure so I can deal with it or look forward to my second baby. Has this happened ot anyone else and how did you get through the weeks of uncertainty?

Replies

• Oh LucyWmummy I'm sorry your docs aren't being that supportive but you can at 6wks+ see a heartbeat on the scan (I'm sure!!!)

Pregnancy feelings come and go (I'm told) and people can have spotting as part and parcel of the pregnancy - your doc is right def def def go back if it turns heavy.
    In the meantime if you're not happy with your doc and still worried you can contact your local EPU direct and make an appointment for an early reassurance scan yourslef.........or your midfwife can do it for you? She might be nicer to approach then your doc.
    They do do early reassurance scans from 8 weeks too that you can ask your EPU or midwife about if you are worried as they'll def be able to see heartbeat etc then so you don't have to wait til 12 weeks.
    Try not to worry as symptoms do come and go and slight spotting can happen.........but do give your midwife a call if your worried.
    Hope all is OK for you xxxx
  • Definitely go back to your doc!! demand to see a diff one. I went for a scan at 6 1/2 weeks (by dates of my period) and although couldn't see much i went for a scan and could see the sac etc but no baby (too early at that stage as my measurements i was only 5 weeks!) so they made an appointment for a week later where we saw our babies heartbeat! Sadly at our 12 week scan we had bad news and are now TTC again, some people find symptoms come and go but i know from my experience and that they told me my baby had died at 8 weeks that was when i stopped feeling sick etc, so now i know that i lost all my symptoms after my baby died image . Don't mean to worry you, there's a girl on the TTC after miscarriage forum that lost all her symptoms and when she went for a scan everything was fine. But at least putting your mind at rest will stop you worrying! Good luck xx
  • after a chem preg and an mc, with this pregnancy i was given a scan at 5+4. we couldnt see any
    thing other than the sac, so they confirmed the pregnancy and booked me in for another at 8+4. dont take no for an answer.