Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

In process of 2nd Miscarriage (sorry if TMI)

Hi girls,

On 8th September got my postive pg test. Was so excite as had MC this time last year (unplanned pregnancy) was so worried because of MC. Last sat started getting browny discharge. Then on wednesday had some blood. Went to docs and arranged scan for thursday. Had scan and showed a pregnancy sac and that was it. Should have been heartbeat as should be 8 weeks but scan only showing 6 weeks. They said either earlier than we thought or had stopped growing at 6 weeks. Oh and my right ovary is swallon. Booked in for scan week thursday but have since had bad bleeding and bump has disappeared. I know i am being negitive as women do bleed and baby fine but i know it is going. I have been crying all day. Does anyone know how long bleeding last for? Everytime i go bathroom i burst into tears. Sorry if TMI but finding it hard to talk to OH.

xxxx

Replies

• Hi luv
    You are not alone. I am in the process of my first mmc and I'm sorry you are going through this too. I have had brown spotting since 5 weeks and should have been 10 weeks on Friday. Found out the day before same story as you, either my dates were wrong or the baby stopped developing. I lost a lot of dark blood clots on Friday which was traumatic for me. Last night I started bleeding bright red, which is an indication the miscarriage is happening. I still have quite a heavy flow and from what the other girls have said on here it seems that may last from a few days to even longer. I rushed back to the EPU on Friday when I first started losing a lot of blood and they did another scan then (my pregnancy sac was still intact at that stage). They said I would likely miscarry and to come back Monday. You should try to see someone tomorrow to get checked out since you have now started bleeding. They will at least put your mind at ease as to whats happening.
    My hubby seemed (to me) to be ignoring it all yesterday and was laughing and joking about other stuff (I guess that was his way of coping) but after seeing the evidence in the bathroom today he has been more supportive to me directly. Men deal with this differently to us woman.
    It's ok for you to cry, in fact it's a good thing. I have shed so many tears the past few days in complete devastation. But each time I come back on here I draw support from all the girls on here who are experiencing the same emotions as us. We are all here for you.
    Go see someone again tomorrow and let us know how you get on.
    xx
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Only just read it. I am sorry to hear you are going through this too. I will give EPU a ring in morning and see if they can see me. Your right best to know for sure whats going on. I just cant believe its happening again. I wasnt gonna get excited about it as of what happened last time until we had scan and the moment i do this happened. I am devasted.

Have you been back today?

I will let you know what happens tomorrow.

xxxxxxxxx
  • Just spoke to EPU and they said i can go up this thursday instead of next. They would like at least a week from last scan.

xxx
  • hi so sorry to read about ur mc, my friend is going through her 2nd mc got the call about an hour ago, there keeping her in hospital over nite giving her a scan in the morning im devastated for her, she's 9 wks gone got to hear the babies heartbeat last wk so excited and now heartbroken!
  • Sorry to hear about your MC, keep us updated on how you go on!!

We're all here to talk, if you ever need us! x
  • Hi bubblychick

Hope you're feeling ok today. Has the bleeding stopped? Try to rest as much as you can and hang on to the hope you have. You just never know. But if something happens before Thursday to go back to the EPU. I have had to make so many drop-in visits the past few days so don't feel you need to wait for Thursday's appointment if you feel something is wrong.

I did go back in yesterday and another scan confirmed that I have now lost the pregnancy but the sac is still intact. Another scan today showed some of it has come away but there is still a lot of tissue there. I'm now booked in for an erpc on Thursday.

The main thing throughout all this is having support around you, no matter what the outcome. I hope you have been able to open up to your OH, he is more than likely feeling a mix of emotions too. It has really helped me being on here with the girls so please do come on and rant if you need to. That's why we are all here.

Keep us posted xxx
  • Hi girls.

sim75 - Thank you so much for your support. You are helping me so much. I am still bleeding think some of it came away today. The EPU asked to wait til thursday as hoping they wont need to do ERPC. I am sorry your pregnancy has def ended. How are you doing? Have you got someone to go with you thursday? My scan app is at 10.50 on thursday to see whats happened.. Sendings lots of hugs xxxx

Thanks Zac08 and Butterfly123 for your messages.

Zac08 - I am sorry to hear about your friend. It is devasting. Sending her my love.

Will let you know how i get on on thursday.

xxxxxxxxxx
  • This time tomorrow you will know for sure. Try to keep yourself calm and distracted until then and think positive thoughts.
    My op will be over by then as I go in for an 8am admission and 10am surgery. My hubby will be with me.
    Fingers crossed for you luv. But one good thing is that you know you and your OH can get pregnant. Our bodies are just preparing themselves.
    Speak to you tomorrow xxx
  • Hi,

Sorry not replied before my computer has been down last 2 weeks.

I have had a nightmare two weeks. Went for scan two weeks ago and pregnancy sac was still there and had got bigger and showed something inside but was not to visable so they said everything looked fine and the could see the bleed and it wasnt near sac. I went back for a scan yesterday and found out it hadnt grown any more since last scan and by now should have been heartbeat. Was devasted. Had Erpc today. Was lucky they could fit me in today.
    How are you doing now sim75?

xxx
  • I have just seen this post and wanted to say that I am so sorry for what you have been through.

Take care, NN xx
  • sorry to hear that bubbly chick.
    Kx.
  • I am so sorry to hear this. Sending you lots of luck for the future. xx
  • Hi Girls,

Thanks for your messages. Really sweet.

Gonna leave it to after new year to try again i think. What body to recover first and time to heal emotionally.

xxxxxx
  • Oh honey I am so sorry to hear. My thoughts are with you. Im sure you're feeling a bit all over the place this weekend. Take all the time you need with your OH and if you think waiting til next year is the best thing for you physically and emotionally then you just do that. You can always change your mind at any time if you feel ready before then.
    I know it doesn't make it any easier for you this being the second time round. But know that it will get easier day by day. Also know we are all here for you too.
    I'm doing ok thanks. It was a tough week for me this week as I had some exams to sit for a course at work which were really hard and quite stressful. It kept my mind off things but at the same time I expected to be ovulating and didn't want to miss the chance so was trying to study til all hours and fit in ttc too. I didn't confirm this with ov sticks as my head was all over the place and I think my hormones were too. Didnt help that OH and I were at each others throats but we are good now. I did get a BFN on Friday though which was another step forward.
    But enough about me, I hope you are doing ok. Make sure you get some rest this week and try not to overdo it. Take time out for yourself and allow yourself to go through the grieving process. Talk if you can, I hope you have lots of nice support around you with friends and family.
    xx