Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

missed miscarriage and no period

Hello,

We found out that I had had a missed miscarriage when we went for our 12 week scan. Complete shock as was still getting lots of symptoms but apparently baby had died at 6 weeks. Waited a couple more weeks to see if nature would take its course and it didn't so had d and c on 30th Oct. HAve not yet had period....I know it is still quite early but last week had proper period type cramps for about 3 days and then no blood atall. This is exactly what happened when I was pregnant so was very hopeful that I might be again. But have done 4 tests and all negative. Is there any chance I still could be? Has anyone had similar things? If not pregnant, then just want period to come quickly so I can get back to normal.

S x

Replies

• Hi
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    I found out at 11wks that I'd had a MMC in july.
    I had a d&c, my 1st AF arrived 32dys after. Everyone seems to be different, I think some people wait up to 6wks.
    I know how your feeling I remember I just wanted AF to hurry up so I could feel my ody was back to normal.
    I hope you dont have to wait too long.
    Take Care
    Helen x x
  • Hi

I had a mc at nearly 14weeks hemorrhaged and was rushed in for a emergency erpc, it has been just over 3 weeks no af yet but little bit of spotting last few days, am desperate to be pregnant again so i know how you feel like yourself did a HPT today and got a BFN. just wish my af would come so i can get back to normal.

hope it comes for you soon so that you can start again. its the living in limbo and the unknown that i am finding hard,

hope you are ok
    take care
    xx
  • Hi,

I had an mmc in May, we found out at a 10 week scan that the pg failed at around 8 weeks, like you I still had all my symptoms until I had the d&c.

It took 14 weeks for my periods to return and during those weeks I had the occasional twinges and cramps so kept doing tests. I ended up going to a gynae and taking a course of hormones to push things along. I also went to a reflexologist which really helped - they can actually bring your af on.

I wanted to know that my body was ready before ttc again so I waited until I'd had three periods before we stopped using contraception and I got a bfp two weeks ago. I'm 6 weeks pg, feeling happy healthy and optimistic knowing that my body is ready to cope with the pg.

Try not to worry and stress because that can delay your af, enjoy Christmas and New Year and relax then hopefully everything will start working again. It's natural to want to get pg straightaway after an mc because we feel such a strong sense of loss and want something to fill that void but you should try and have a period first to make sure that your body is ready to conceive again.

Hope I don't sound naggy, but I know exactly how you feel because I felt the same when I went through it and although my df and I were being careful, I still did half a dozen tests whilst I was wating for my af to return.

Try and relax and be happy and healthy.

Lots of love

• Hi All,

I read all your posts and i am in a similar situation.

I had a miscarriage 5 days before my 12 weeks scan. I bled and had lots of blood clots and also tissue, went to hospital. They scanned me and said to come back in 2 weeks, I did and all had gone. They told me to wait till 1 af before ttc again.

i miscarried on the 20th Oct, after 5 wks i had some brown spotting but no real bleeding,.

As i was and am desperate to conceive again , me and hubby tried again. but not sure it will work as ov stick only showed faint and showed for 3 days, does that mean i didnt really ovulate ?

i am due my period today or tom, but cant be 100% sure as never reall had a full proper AF in 7 weeks since bleeding stopped.

Very confused, done pt, bfn, but feeling very sick.

i hate all this waiting. me and hubby have had such a bad year i would love to give him some good news.

could i still be preg, evn without no af and light lh surge ?

i have done 3 tests, all neg....

• Hi jas1972
    Some people do get preg right away, you could be getting BFNs because it too early.
    Good Luck
    Helen x x
  • HIA WEL I WAS 13 WEEKS PREGANT AND STARTED GTN LIGHT BLEEDING I WENT TO HOSPITAL AND DOCTORS TOLD ME I HAD MISSED MISSCARRIED AT 7 WEEKS AND 5 DAYS WITH TWINS WAS VERY HEARTBRAKIN I WAS SEN THOME AND TOLD IT WD CUM NATURAL WHICH IT DID IT WAS TH WORST THING EVER TO C BUT AM JUST GLAD IT CME BY ITS SELF WITHOUT ANY TREATMENT .. I NO SUM BODY HU TOOK PREGNCY TESTS AFTER HER MISCARIAGE AND THY SED IT WAS NEGATIVE AND SHE FOUND OOT 2 MONTHS LATER SHE WAS 4 MONTHS PREGNAT SO KEEP UR CHIN UP AND GD LUK imageimage XX
  • I agree with the others, i had a miscarriage last valentines day, did not have a period after, went back to hospital and i had fallen straight away they said it is actually quite common for this to happen as you are highly fertile. Maybe get on to your doctors hun.

Good luck xx