Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Infection

When I was admitted to hospital with MC I had some swabs taken and one these has come back abnormal and nurse at the EPU says its due to infection and has given me antibiotics to clear it up. What does this mean?

S
xxx

Replies

• Hi Sweetie,
    There are several infections it could be. I would ask them as to the nature of the infection. It could be something unrelated or some infections can cause MC. The treatment they have given you should sort it out though, but if it would help you to know then I would ask them to be more specific.
    I have read some info on infections if you find out and want to know more. very much a personal thing.
    I am sure the antibiotics will sort you out though.
    Lilou x
  • Hi S

Sorry to hear you have an infection.

Were the swabs taken before or after your mc? It's possible to get an infection after a mc or it may be something that you had before that may or may NOT be related to your mc. I think it's best to ask for more details to put your mind as ease.

Good luck, love NN xxx
  • Can infections really cause a MC? The swabs were taken before I was admitted to hospital before I passed the baby. I was bleeding heavily at this point. Do you think the infection could have been there before I started to MC then??

S
    xxx
  • We really dont know, some infections can cause a MC. So perhaps it is better to ask to know and be prepared next time to avoid it hun.

Renee