Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Do I have to have a scan or go to epu

Unfortunately my worest fears about this pregnancy came to life this afternoon after I started spotting. Finally managed to get hold of a doctor who has made an appointment at epu on Wednesday. I don't want to go but not sure if that's the right option. I am only 7 weeks and the bleeding has go really heavy now know my precious baby has gone. This will be my 2 misscarrage in a row after losing last one through mmc in April at 13 weeks. Is it an option not to go for a scan as I really can't face it after last time or wait the next 2 days? :cry:

Replies

• Options
    I would imagine if you are losing your bean, which i really hope is not the case, they may scan you after anyway.

Ive had 2 mc, both mmc discovered at 12 week scans. The last one was in Feb and after my 12 week scan i was booked for an erpc a week later, but i started bleeding. I went to the epu and they scanned me and confirmed i was mc so i could canel my erpc. While i was there the bleeding got suddenly really heavy and i passed some large clots. They told me i had to come in for another scan the week later to make sure all the tissue had passed. When i went back a week later they could still see a clot so i had to go back again a further week later.

I would maybe phone them and ask their advice. You may be able to wait till next week and see.

On the other hand, dont give up just yet. The worst bleeding i had in pg was at 9 weeks and that one was fine and ive got a wee boy now!!

Keep strong and cope with things the way you want to!!

Gemm x
  • Options
    Hi
    So sorry you are having such a distressing time - I really don't know about the scan as I had ectopic but I guess it would give you a deffinite answer and as Gemm says it may be ok
    Fingers crossed
    daisyx
  • Options
    Oh hunny I am sorry to hear this and sometimes what you know deep down is right but then again you never know and as gemm said there could be hope.
    I know how awful my MC was and know if I fall again and have another MC I prob wouldn't want to see the EPU again ever (I did vow that 6 weeks ago!!!!) but I know I would go though as I'd want to know for definate and best to have the scan to make sure there is no complications and all is OK (whether a little bean there or god forbid to make sure all is gone... image sorry hunny xx)

2 days does seem like an awful long time to wait and for you to think is it worth going and you need to do what you feel is right but in the interim maybe phone them for advice of what to do and come on here for some support

Keeping my fingers crossed for you xxxx
  • Options
    Double post x

[Modified by: Radkad78 on July 07, 2009 02:02 PM]

• Options
    Many thanks for all your replies, I decided in the end not to go to EPU but rang and spoke to nurse. She completely understood and they have prescribed me a high does of co-codomal which should help with pain and hopefully aid some sleep too. In limbo now - with my last mc I had ERPC and very little bleeding afterwards, was told to expect bleeding this time to last up to 3 weeks (seems like a life time).
    I am devastated and can't believe this is happened to us again and obviously worried that something could be wrong with me. I know doctors won't refer you until 3 mc's but can't bear the thought of being pregnant again only lose once more. Does anyone know of any private clinics that might see you before this; I would dearly like to rule anything out before we try again.

Many thanks x
  • Options
    Hi hun,

I am so sorry to read what you are going through hun.

If you have an understanding gp they may be able to do some blood tests.

I have had 2 mc & spoke to my gp when having the 2nd last month, she has referred me to a gynae, this is mainly cause I have a history with gynae, there is another post on here about some tests they may be able to do.

Maybe if you explain your concerns about being pg again they may do some blood tests. I know exactly how you feel cause at the moment even though were being referred im terrified now of conceiving again just incase the same happens.

I know this is no consolation to us but I do know several women who have had 3 or more mc & gone onto have healthy pg.

Sending you lots of hugs xxx
  • Options
    Thanks laujai it's been a great help just to chat to you all with fears and concerns as I don't feel I have anyone else to turn to at the moment. Sorry to hear you have experienced the same excruciating pain of miscarriage.

If I hear one more comment like, at least you know you can get pregnant, its so common, you can try again soon, these things happen...I think I might scream why do people think this helps, it doesn't and makes me feel worse. I feel useless at the moment, like it's my fault and something must be wrong.

I have made an appointment to see gp so hopefully they might be able to at least do a couple of blood tests. In meantime I have also researched a couple of private consultants in hopes their fees are not too extortionate and they can see me. It really helps to be focusing on something rather than think of the pain and why I am bleeding.

Sorry for rant hope you don't mind me going on xx