Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Had a miscarriage last night

Hi,

This seems so wierd. One minute I am posting on the "baby due in July" forum and now I find myself on here.

I started bleeding yesterday morning and when I got up today it became very clear that I am no longer pregnant. I feel absolutely distraught. I was only 5 weeks but I just can't believe it. My husband is being really strong but I feel numb and just want to cry.

I guess I just need to hear from those that understand where I am coming from.

Thanks for listening.

:cry:

Replies

• hi shimmsie, i am so sorry to hear your sad news. we all know how you feel, so if you ever need to talk, feel free to come on here. in time it will start to feel abit better. i had a mc at the beggining of sept, i too was only 5 weeks, it doesnt matter how early on you are, it is still the most painful thing losing our little beans. you take care hun.
    xxx
  • hi shimmsie, i am so sorry to hear your sad news. we all know how you feel, so if you ever need to talk, feel free to come on here. in time it will start to feel abit better. i had a mc at the beggining of sept, i too was only 5 weeks, it doesnt matter how early on you are, it is still the most painful thing losing our little beans. you take care hun.
    xxx
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel. I mc almost 2 weeks ago now and I'm still feeling sad and run down.
    I was 9 weeks. Went in for a ascan and docs said my baby stopped growing and there was no Heart beat.

You will get through it. The advice that the ladies on this forum had offered me was definately what helped me throught the first week. Just take some time to yourself and take it easy. I thought I was ready to go to work 2 days after the MC but I was wrong and ended up taking a week off.

I still have some bleeding. But it has slowed down quite a bit now.
    Just be sure to have a chat with your doc and have them schedule a scan at your nearest EPU.
    Know you don't want to think about it now, but it's for your own health.

Hunny, we are all here for you and I hope you and your OH will find comfort in eachother.

It will take time, and I still don't feel completely normal. I will never forget my LO. I plan on adding a special little charm to my bracelet to remember my LO.

We are here if you need to talk.
  • really sorry to hear your news - it's really weird how one minute you're pregnant and the next you're not - but you feel no different. Have had two miscarriages in the last year and things do get easier. It's a cliche but time does heal but you'll always remember. Just let your fella look after you and if you feel the need to wallow then do so. Keep your chin up and don't stop trying

Always here if you need to talk xxx
  • Thank you so much. It is so sad but I am grateful that you understand how I am feeling. One minute we are so unbelievably happy and the next we are incredibly sad.

I seem to be up and down like a yoyo at the moment. One minute I can talk about it and the next I am crying. I feel emotionally and physically drained.

Thank you again for your support. It means so much.