Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice

Hi All - Please can someone give me advice - i woke up on Thursday morning with allot of blood. I had only found out 3 days before that I was 5 weeks pregnant. Anyway i lost my little Bean. Im still bleeding since Thurs. How long should I bleed for? All I got from my Dr was a couple of days and if I get any pains, then call her. Also how long should we wait until we tray again for a baby. This was my first miscarriage and I have a baby boy already, he is 10 months old.
Thanks xx

Replies

• Hi,

Sorry to hear about your loss, everyone here understands.

It's hard to say how long you will bleed it varies vastly from woman to woman, most common around a week to 10 days but sometimes less sometimes more. The main thing I've learnt from this whole experience is that everyone is different and what too expect can be the same or the absolute opposite but still normal.

As for trying again there is mixed opinion, most dr's advise waiting a month so the body can recover but there is no real medical research to support this as a fact. Some women fall pg straight away and have healthy pregnancies others mc soon after and wish they had waited there's no real answer. My advice would be to trust what feels right for you and then go for it when the time feels right for you. I plan to wait till after my first AF as I had the erpc (operation) and then I'm going for it guns blazing!

Take care of yourself, hope you start to feel better soon, it does take time but this site and the girls here are fabulous for support.

Inka xxx
  • Thank you soooo much for all your replies, such great support is sooo much appreciated. I have had such a great response from asking advice. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and an even better New Year . Bronwyn