Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BMI

Do you think your BMI has anything to do with it?
I was horrified to see when I was weighed on Friday for my op that I had gained 8kg since Oct! I have always fought against my weight, but this is ridiculous! I am eating less if anything. I eat healthily (probably just too big portions!!;\) ) My Oh (bless him) thought I had lost weight as I had been sick with morning sickness so not eating (so could have been bigger! image )
I have gained 18kg since end of 2007. It is getting out of control. I think my thyroid is out of sorts, but surely that can't be the whole reason?? It is all very depressing. Half of me just wants to starve myself but I know that isn't the healthy answer. Could weight be causing some of the problems??
I need to exercise more. Just need to dig myself out of this black hole first.
:cry:
Feel like a whale ..sigh

[Modified by: Lilou on 24 February 2009 21:40:45 ]

Replies

• Options
    Oh no Lilou, i dont believe so.
    There is no proof saying that weight has anything to do with it, the only thing is that if you gain alot of weight it can elevate your blood pressure during pregnancy. So dont beat yourself about it.
    ofcourse it is better to check your weight as it helps your fertility, i gain 10kg since 2007 too, and i am struggling with it, and this weather isnt helping at all.

I know lots of big girls who had successful pregnancies, also my mom used to gain alot of weight during her pregnancies, and that had no effect on the baby.

So just take care of yourself hun and dont feel guilty about anything, there is nothing you could have done
    Love
    Renee x
  • Options
    Hi Lilou

I have a high BMI and miscarried last June. My Dr assured me it had nothing to do with it - like Debbie said - high BMI is more likely to be a factor in not getting pregnant (apparantely).

We conceived 2 months after my miscarriage (had a 'normal' period and got my BFP the month after) and I'm now nearly 32-weeks.

Please don't think your BMI had anything to do with it... and don't give up hope. I'm really sorry for your loss.

Love Julie xxx
  • Options
    Ah hun please don't worry about this too much. I agree with Debbie and Joo, i think high BMI is more likely to affect you being able to get PG in the first place and not a causevof MC!

I think exercise can only be a good thing though. I feel really frumpy at the moment as I feel I put on abit of weight since being PG an dboobs are huge and still haven't shrunk back. I went jogging the other night and lasted for about 5 minutes haha. But the way I look at it is, that is 5 minutes more than I used to do!! Don't be too hard on yourself hun!!

S
    xxx
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies ladies.
    Once my insides don't hurt so much I think I will have to go on a fitness mission. I have a cross trainer at home so will give it a dust and try to gradually build up some time on it. My boobs are still massive from the pregnancy so will need to strap them up so I don't put my back out! LOL.
    I think I am just depressed and so starting to pick on myself physically. Hate looking in the mirror as a week ago had a bump and revelled in my curves. But now I just feel fat and ugly.
    I should probably put all my PMA and drive in to losing weight and getting fit rather than getting/being pregnant. At least I will have a bit of control over that!
    If any one wants to join me as a buddy for a bit of motivation let me know!
    Lilou x