Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I had a Miscarriage :cry:

Hi all,

I had just had a Miscarriage at 8 weeks I am heart broken!!

When can I start trying again I want a BFP again ASAP??

Jen x

Replies

• know youll give me a cyber thump but from experience you need to grieve first ,give yourself time.the need for a new baby is very keen in the first eight weeks after misscarriage.let your body settle and then away you go .hope you okxxxxxx
  • Hey I am so sorry to hear your news xx rosine is right you do need to take the time to grieve but you can start trying again whenever you are ready. The doctor will probably tell you to wait for a couple of af's but this can just be for dating reasons, Waiting for the first one is really stressful, it usually takes at least 6 weeks and if you are trying in that time you will not know if you are late or when to test etc. Arrival of first af is usually a mixed bag of relief that is has arrived and the upset with the reminder that you lost your lo. Lots of women don't wait and when I was in ttc after mc there were loads of ladies pg again before first af showed up and had healthy pg's. I believe you are meant to be more fertile during this time, but you must take the time to recover emotionally. It was the hardest time of my life. Sending you love and hugs and best wishes for the future xx
  • hi ya hun ive just found out today that i have missed carried at about 9 weeks so i know how you feel i too want to try again but i need to get over this first ive been advised its best to wait at least 3 periods before trying as you have less chance of miss carrying again but to b honest its a personal matter try as soon as you feel ready
  • thank you both and sorry for your loss Jx