Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confused over size of sac I passed after medical management

I went to hospital today for medical management to help me pass my 7 week baby. It was a missed m/c where I didn't find out until my 12 week scan.

I passed two clots today that appeared to be the fetus and the placenta not long after. The nurse checked this and said I had passed almost everything and I could go home.

About half an hour ago, I passed what I think was the sac which I have to say was huge considering I was only 7 weeks. It was about 3 inches in length and had one quite thick tube that must have been attached to something and one small tube. Would one part have been attached to the womb and the other to the placenta?

When I previously miscarried a 10 week fetus over four years ago the sac wasn't this big. Does anyone know if when a missed m/c happens, the sac still grows as I've read that the placenta still keeps working and that's why pregnancy symptoms still continue?

The bleeding was quite heavy again when I lost the sac but now it's eased off and I'm not dizzy or anything as I worried it could be part of haemorrhaging.

[Modified by: tracy77 on 26 July 2008 23:32:06 ]

Replies

• Hia

Sorry to hear of your loss.
    I had a mmc in feb and lost the baby naturally. When I passed my baby he/she was still in the sack and in total was about 5 inches long. After that I passed a 2nd clot which was about 3 inches. I was 12 weeks pregnant but baby had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks.

Not sure if that helps at all?

Take carexx
  • It was the gestational sac I passed on Saturday night. I found out after checking the net and pics and other miscarriage forums.

Obviously, I never passed it at the hospital and I thought it had maybe come out along with the placenta.

Bleeding has settled now only losing a medium sized clot today and I only get mildish cramps now and then. Even though the physical part is almost over now, emotionally things are still very hard and will be for a while.
  • I'm glad you have found out what it was hun.
    I lost my baby whilst in hospital and had very painful contractions. After I passed the baby pains were pretty much gone.
    The emotional side is the hardest bit though. I had 2 weeks off work. My mmc was 1st feb and it is still on my mind everytime I see a baby or a pregnant person. My baby would have been due in 2 weeks and that is the hardest thing. That day is going to be very tough but I'm still going to work and trying to get on with things.
    As time goes by the pain does'nt hurt any less it just gets easier to live with.
    Good luck and if you need to chat I'm on facebook or msn.

take care
    xx