Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How long will it take???

Hi ladies,

I'm just wondering how long a mc will take? I should be 5 weeks pg but whilst in A&E with my daughter yesterday I had a bleed enough to turn the water red. No clots or anything like that but continuous brown blood and red if I need to "squeeze" iyswim. I had my hcg levels checked and in 6 days they only went from 400 to 607 so doc said it's very likely I am miscarrying.

I'm going back for more bloods tomorrow which I'm dreading, a scan yesterday showed no sac or anything so I know this pg is over.

When will it end though? I just want a heavy bleed & to not feel pg anymore. I've got very mild cramps in my tummy & a back ache but no proper bleeding. Feel so empty, lost and alone and need to know 100% it's over. Hubby is moaning that I'm withdrawing myself but what does he expect, he even said he don't feel upset as he hadn't "seen" the baby.

Please someone I need answers, help, advice, anything!!!

Replies

• Hi hun

Well I am sorry for your loss and it is now happening to me :cry:. After having a little bleed last week and having a blood test the results looked okay but had another test and my HCG had lowered :cry: so was told to do a test in two weeks and see how that is, but today I started bleeding so it looks like I am losing little bean

I just want it to over as I am feeling so upset and down, I am just glad I am blessed with a gorgeous DD who will help me through this.

Gem x

http://lb2f.lilypie.com/CqwE.png

• Im so sorry for your loss. I too am going through this and just want it over. You are not alone xxx
  • Oh girls I am so sorry you are going thru this too, life is just too damn cruel sometimes.

Gem, are you bleeding alot? Mine is not proper bleeding yet but I do feel like it's coming, dreading my hcg test tomorrow. At least you have your DD, mine can tell I am unhappy which breaks my heart but I just don't feel able to be happy around her. How mean a mummy am I, I'm trying but feel so empty like I don't have any happiness to use to smile if that makes sense?? I'm just on auto drive at the moment.
  • Hubby is moaning that I'm withdrawing myself but what does he expect, he even said he don't feel upset as he hadn't "seen" the baby.

Please someone I need answers, help, advice, anything!!!

I had a mmc in november last year. I felt pregnant for 12 weeks, all the symptoms I could have, only to discover at the 12 week scan that baby had died about 4.5 weeks earlier. My oh wasn't great, he said that the baby wasn't real, that he hadn't seen the baby alive and so he did not 'care' as much.

He told me that he didn't care that much and he wasn't upset. Even though I was devastated, he wasn't the support I needed. I got loads of support from the ladies in ttc after miscarriage. (it is a bit busier there than here) It got me through it.

The baby was so wanted and it took a lot longer after that to get pregnant again. (am now 6 weeks, so not that far along and kinda keeping it quiet) No one said the right things, my mum told me I had to get over it. She said we will get pregnant soon enough again. I got so angry with her, I wanted the child I lost, not a new one in the future.

I can not say anything that will make you feel better. I can not give you a magic cure, but I do know that eventually it will get easier. It is not easy to hear, I know that.
  • Life is just so cruel at times :cry:

I am not bleeding that much but after I have gone to the loo and look in toilet there is bright red blood and (TMI)now clots and bits of stuff so I take it that is my little bean coming out :cry:

my MIL is like a good friend (we are really close) and she has been a great help today but also some of the things she says I just do not want to hear.

I know I was only 6 weeks(as I have heard today) but it was my little bean who I loved already :cry:

I think my DD know something was up today as I had tears down my face and she looked at me and came and sat on my lap and layed with me and that made me even more upset.

I am in tears, I can not stop crying xxxx
  • Well my husband just started crying, he said he just said that stuff to be the strong one but in some way I feel better that he was crying too.

Gem your little girl sounds like she's looking after you, I feel sorry for mine as she's still unwell and yet when I'm crying you can see the confusion on her face! I've got on off cramps now, not painful but they're the same as I get before a period so I'm sure the bleeding will start I. A day or two. I'm still just passing brown blood, only red with a bowel movement.

I know I should sleep, keep my strength for what is gonna be another rotten day tomorrow (especially as hubby has work so I have to go to hospital alone) and he won't be here still when I get the results which I know will be bad.

It's weird, one teeny tiny part of my brain keeps hoping they got it wrong but I know that's impossible, I can feel it.
  • Hi Lambchop, so sorry to hear of your news, just wanted to say I am thinking of you. Life is so cruel. I suffered a missed miscarriage back in March, it was so upsetting, would have been our first.

Take care of yourself. Zxx
  • Hi ladies,

You're OH's do care, trust me! Men deal with things a lot different than women! Of course they don't have the same experience as us as we were carrying our bundles but it will probably hit them. It did with my OH!

My bleeding lasted about 2 and a half weeks from spotting to finish so it's not that long but i found it was very very painful! Take some paracetamol and go to a&e if you feel at all unwell! Cry and be angry and deal with this how you feel you want to.

I found that because everyone moved on quickly that i would too and i painted on a happy face and cried myself to sleep at night. One night OH caught me and now when i need a cry i tell him and he cuddles me until i fall to sleep.

It is a very lonely thing to go through and that's why i owe so much to the ladies over in the ttc after mc forum. They are just so lovely so you may want to venture over there. You don't have to be ttc, it's just more active than this forum!

You can say anything you like over there and there's no judgement or arguments like in some of the other forums! They know exactly how you feel!

I hope you all feel better soon!
    xx