Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

FAO MRSTH

how are you feeling?

we were both from oct 09 forum,im passing on a big squeeze for you,as your story sounds just like mine,except i was 9+3 when it happened,i dewided to go for the ERPC as the nurse said that things had been going on long enough,and with my wedding coming up i really didnt want to be bleeding on that day.

im having a bad day today think hormones are running riot,and feel ready to cry now.

im here if you need to talk xxxxx

Clare

Replies

• Hi Claire

So nice of you to offer your support, I had my erpc on Saturday and on Sunday, I felt fine, it was wierd because I felt ready to move on etc etc but that was shortlived because Monday, it hit me...wham....like a ton of bricks. All of a sudden, i wasn't pregnant anymore and since then I have felt like sh*t.

I don't want to get up in the morning, I don't want to do anything. I can't help but think "today, I'd be so far on". I made the mistake of popping into the Oct forum the other day to see how everyone was and someone had been for a scan ( I forget who) and everything had been ok for them and I felt so upset and sad that it hadn't for me.

Work won't let me go back yet until my sick note has finished on Saturday. People keep saying it's too early, you need the rest but I think if I went back to work, it would keep me occupied and help me to focus on other things, instead now I am just moping about and thinking about nothing but my miscarriage.

I really can't believe it has happened to me, I am so shocked and can't help but think "why me". It's awful really for me to think this because I know there are women out there who have gone thru far far worse than me. I am thankful really that I bled and that my body gave me some sort or warning that something wasn't right, I could have gone all the way to 12 weeks without knowing anything was wrong.

Sorry to ramble on. The same goes for me, I am here for you too if you need to chat hun x

Melissa
  • have you got other children melissa?
    i have a 10 year old,so have to get up to see him off to school,altho today i really just want to get back into bed after he has left.
    i can drive today so might go out somewhere.
    how is your OH taking it?mine has gone very quiet,i want to rant and rave and cry but dont want to set him off,im not sure who has to be strong here but i also dont want my son seeing me cry.
    i understand about going back to work for distraction,i dont think i can at the moment i have to dispense medication and im terrified of making a mistake,looks like im off till a week monday as i had AL booked for this weekend so ill carry that over to next thurs/fri then ill go back to work week monday,dreading it,im worried ill crack up at work,we dont get sick pay either so i cant afford to be off financially,catch 22 really.
    what work do you do?
    i started bleeding heavily sat night and didnt think it would end up as it did as plenty of PG ladies bleed right?so it was like someone hit me in the face with a sledgehammer when the sonographer said our babie had died inside me,i think ive been in denial since,i feel all the emotions but not shown them yet,i dont want to cry without OH here as i feeel i need him,but then i want to be strong....i dont know what to do,im glad your about and we can chat,i have been chatting to someone else privatly from this forum too,shes been wonderful and is going through the same thing also.
    xxxxxxClare
  • I'm a Police woman so suppose I have to be in the right frame of mind to do that. I have a 8 yr old daughter and she has been a little darling really. Hubby has been taking her to school for me but today i got up and went out for the day visiting friends and felt totally better because I got out of the 4 walls and put my mind to something else.

Hubby has been keeping himself busy and says that is how he deals with it. i was mad at him yesterday because he hasn't offered me any sort of sympathy or anything but I think that it mainly because he doesn't know what to do exactly and I think he is scared of saying the wrong thing and upsetting me. He has made an effort today though bless him after our little chat. It must be hard for him cos i don't think men understand women at the best of time!!

I certainly thinks it helps to talk about it hough, I feel so much better for seeing friends today who wanted to know what had happened and or having my rant on here last night.

speak soon x x