Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feel Really Down

Hi Maria

Im new to this forum but read your story and I know how you feel.I also had my mmc this saturday but also was booked for dc as I had so much pain that on the scan they advised me that baby was still in me so had to have dc.Now that I had my mmc Im going for scan this thursday to check if all out if not I will have to go for the dc as been advised is the less painfull as I went through natural way and I regret it as I been to A&E prob 10 times sence the 7th.

I know how you feel, thats the reason why I joined this forum but I promise you that within wk or two life will pick up,try and speak to friends and family as much as you can thats why they are there,some people are bit scared to talk bec they might upset you but Im sure as I have experienced it soon as I let people know that I want to talk about it you will get the all support.
I feel for you,

Emi xxx

Replies

• firstly im so sorry for what your going through... it was the worst experience of my life... i however no little about the DC as mine happened naturally at 6 weeks all i can say is the pain was awful and i rang the hospital around 3 times it was that bad. however every one is different its really up to you just try and find some more info on them... sorry couldnt be more help. Take Care XxX
  • Hi Maria

Hope you are feeling bit better today!
    I just wanted to add on small point re tablets or DC.I saw 4 diferent doctors during my ordeal and was advised that if I decided to take the tablets will be the case of taking the 1st tablet day one,coming to the hospital again after day or two and then more tablets while in hospital to make the move but just to warn you is much more emotional as you do see everything that is coming out similar to giving birth, really depends how strong you are,where DC you go under and the op is no more then than 10min you wake up walk arround ...and normaly they send you home on the same day. I think is best option as at least you know is all out,thats why I decided to go ahead with mine but as I had my MC happening this saturday they thought that is all out.Im booked for scan this Thursday at 9:45so fingers x I wouldn't need the DC but if bits are still there that Im defo going for it.

Hope that you feel bit better honey
    Emixx
  • im so sorry ,its important though that you allow yourself to feel this way.sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to start feeling better (sorry for cliche)ive to go in today to get erpc done and like all of you had to go through waiting and scans. but i was thinking about it all and even though the waiting is hell it gave me time to prepare. my body was a constant reminder but it forced me to deal with it. where i am they keep you overnight to check blood flow. the nurses absolute angels even though over here the health system is in crisis. i called them to change my going in time so i can put two wee ones to bed (they wont miss me cos wont know)the nurses etc agreed even though they like people to be booked in by 6 o clock. talk about what you want with the sister in charge. its important that you get the care you want. but come back to this forum anfd talk because daay sometimes is hurting too and i found out my oh blamed himself and we had time to talk. look after yourself xxxxx
  • Hi Maria

I've just seen this thread and i just wanted to let you know that i was in exatly the same situation as you. At my 12 weeks scan they only saw the gestational sack and told me it was a missed miscarriage. I opted for the D&C and i'm glad i did. The staff at hospital were great and very understanding. They told me i was only under general anaesthetic for about 30 mins but the op itself took under 5 mins. Once i had woken up they gave me a cup of tea and some sandwiches and made sure i was feeling ok then i was free to go. They warned that i may have a little bleeding for up to 10 days but i had very slight spotting for about 3 days and then nothing until my next regular period in 4 weeks.

Ultimately i'm glad i had the d&c. It was painless and they could confirm that everything was cleared out so i knew there was no chance of infection from any remaining tissue.

I was able to move on much quicker afterwards as it was almost like closure. Up until that time, i was constantly aware that there was still something inside me. I promise it does get better in time. I found talking to people helped me a great deal. The more open i was about it the more i could accept it as my body telling me that something wasn't right this time.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Take care
    Emily xx
  • i agree with other ladies.i had my erpc on tues i stayed in because i had low blood preasure. i had the tablet but my cervix still closed. i dont remember much ,thank god for the horse tranquilisers i was high as a kite. but i got such good care and was treated with respect. i had my own room and o9nly when ready to go home did they discharge me. thety told me to take some time and try again wheen ready. i feel so much better in every way but most of all mentally. i miss my bean and always will remember but it not so bad and im looking forward to hopefully get pregnant in a couple months .just ttake your time and talk things through with staff and your oh.lots of pma for future. there is light at the end (god im such a clliche person sorry!!!)xxxx