Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

A couple of questions

I know there must have been a few posts like this but I'm just wondering a few things.

I started bleeding on the 8/9/9 and it was like a normal period. I was 9 weeks pregnant. I started to bleed quite heavily for the first couple of days and cramping badly. I went for an early scan, the nurse doing the scan said basically that I had miscarried. After the nurse I spoke to the doctor who said there is something there but it could be an incomplete miscarriage or an threatned misscarriage. I have a scan tomorrow morning to see what has gone on. I did a pregnancy test this morning and it is still showing pregnant. I have come to terms with the fact that I have lost this baby, I just want it to be comfirmed. I know it might sound a bit harsh but I want this over with so I can try again.

How long till I can try again? How would the dating work? Is it true you are more fertile the first month after a miscarriage?

Sorry for gatecrashing, I guess I am after reassurance

Replies

• Hi there having just gone through this I would say to wait until your scan tomorrow. If it is a threatened miscarriage then there is the hope that things might be ok also as they are scanning you again to be sure.

I hope all works out for you. let us know how you get on. x
  • Hi hun, I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. I hope your scan tomorow goes well.

I have heard people saying you are more fertile after a MC but I was advised by my midwife to wait until I'd had a cycle before trying again. Obviously this would help with dating but it also gives your body a chance to get back to normal. After MC it can be 4-6 weeks before your period.
  • Hey

Thank you for your replies. I ahve lost the baby, the nurse said that it seems the baby was not as far developed as 9 weeks and had died quite early on.
    I've got to wait one cycle before trying again.
  • Sorry to hear that. Let us know if you have any more questions, need to talk, anything we can do. Everyone on here is great at helping each other through it. My MC was last week, and been on here a lot. It's really helped.
  • Oh huni I'm sorry the scan didn't bring better news. Like gemgems says all the girls here are really lovely and have helped me alot in the last couple of weeks so come on and "talk" anytime. (((hugs)))