Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

I lost my baby

Hello

I have just got back from my early scan, and i have lsot my baby.

I had some bleeding for 3 days over xmas and so my dr made me an appointment to have an early scan, so i had my scan at 6+2 today. They said there was no baby.....nothing.

I have to go back on suday to get a blood test just incase i am earlier on than i think, they said that this would be a reason that it would not show up on the scan, but she said that there is blood on my womb wich usually indicates a MC...so to take it i have had a MC.

I am devastated...we have been TTC our first child for 1 year 8 months after a MC...

Could the scan be wrong?? Should i get a 2nd oppinion....? I have been just sat crying for the last 2 hours...i dont want this to be real. Help.

Caz x

Replies

• Hi Caz,

I'm sorry to hear your news. Do you know the exact date that you ovd? If you're sure of your dates then unfortunately there might only be a small chance that the sacn is wrong. I really hope it is!

Sending you lots of hugs! xxx
  • Hi Caz,
    Sorry to hear your awful news. Have they offered you a second scan in a wk? They instisted I had one to double check when I had my missed miscarriage that I hadn't just got my dates mixed up. The waiting though is really hard. Let me know if you need to talk. Take care,
    Lilou x
  • sorry bout ya news..i thought i was further in beginnin n after some pains n bleedin they did a scan n said no baby..thought it was in my tubes now im 18+4...I dont want to get your hopes up but thy cud be wrong..xxx good luck xxxx
  • oh hunny i am so sorry - when i lost mine (mmc) before erpc i asked for another scan just to double check - if it makes you feel better then i am sure they would do it. A blood test will help as it should show a low hcg if you have lost.

I am so sorry x x x
  • Hi Caz,

I'm really sorry to hear your news - nothing really prepares you for the shock of it. However, I would like to reiterate what the other girls have said about another scan. Hospitals usually offer you another one just to confirm the first diagnosis. I had three in the end although by the last one I really didn't want to see the inevitable again but they insisted just to make sure...
    There's nothing I can say to make you feel better but I am thinking about you.

Lots of love,
    Shell x