Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

help!!! im back again!!

hi.

im realy looking for a bit of guidence and support.

on christmas eve i went into very early labour at 14 weeks, after four hours i got to very briefly see my very very tiny perfect little girl, named holly due to festive season.this is my second m,c the first being at around 6 weeks, were do i go from here? im angry lost confused and hurting so badly! my doc has advised me to stop trying for a while so they can run tests!!!!im so scared! so many what ifs going thruogh my head. please help!!! :?

Replies

• I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice - I've only ever had an ectopic, so I don't know what's involved with regard to tests after mc.

However, i would go with the advice of your gp and put off ttc again for a little while, if only to give yourself time to grieve for what you've lost.

Life is so cruel sometimes. I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year, and hopefully 2011 will bring you much better luck.

xxx
  • mjbb - i'm so sorry. I unfortunately am more than able to offer you advice as i've suffered 3 miscarriages in the last 18 months. After my second one - my husband and i decided to see a consultant privately to get some advice. Apparently with the nhs you have to suffer 3 miscarriages with the same partner before they offer you any investigations!!!!

However - luckily for us - the consultant that we saw was also our local nhs consultant too and was very sympathetic. She immediately prescribed me asprin and was told to let my body recover for two months or so before trying again. However - nature had it's own plan and i fell pregnant again - resulting in my third miscarriage. My consultanat had already arranged for me to have all the necessary blood tests and chromosome test done so didn't have to wait.

Although we were desperate to start a family - i was determined not to do so before we had the chromosome results back. Thankfully they were are fine. We decided that all the stress wasn't doing neither of us any good so booked a holiday to try and chill out a bit. I continued to take my pregnacare supplement and the asprin my consultant prescribed and also looked into Reiki healing. I had about 5 session of Reiki before i went on holiday. We went away and had a fab relaxing but drunken two weeks away!! I fell pregnant - again, on the last week of the holiday!!

I am now thankfully 23 weeks pregnant - and still a nervous wreck about whats happened in the past. So what i suggest is to ask your doctor/ consultant about taking asprin. If they fob you off then just be persistent. We'd actually asked a doctor from the nhs about it after my second m/c but was told it wasn't necesarry!

Having to suffer a m/c is a terrible experience and no words that anyone tell you can make you feel any better - especially those who say that it's just natures way. All i can say is stay strong and try and stay positive. Don't put yourself under a load of stress and as much as it kills me to admit - you really should give your bodya chance to have at least 2 normal cycles before you try again. That, asprin and a few sessions of Reiki certainly worked for me.

I'll keep my fingers tightly crossed for you.
  • Hello mjb, so sorry you're going through this, what a terrible thing to go through. I too have had 3 mc's one at 11w followed by a D&C and 2 early natural mc's. I had numerous tests done and they have found some blood issues with me that had me taking aspirin and heparin injections daily for my 3rd pg - this did not work and I once again mc'd. They ran further tests and found some more issues but nothing significant that would keep causing the mc's any more than the blood issues they already found so I continued the aspirin and am now on my 4th pg at 18w+2, FC'd all seems to be going ok this time and I continue the low dose aspirin. My advice though is let them run the tests and take the time out they are asking for as I had to do the same as there were tests they had to do that I couldn't have been ttc for. Also don't take the aspirin unless they find an issue as it can actually be bad for you and baby (when you fall pg) if not indicated. Good luck and I hope you get the answers you need. As with me I was simply told that my 4th pg could very well be 'normal' (barring the aspirin and progesterone I have had to take!).

Take a minute to read this too, Laujai was an inspiration to me and she has just had her baby a few weeks ago - I hope it gives you hope. X

http://www.babyexpert.com/chatroom/topic/191417