Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

mc what to expect? i want to prepare myself :(

After finding out at my 12 week scan all there was was an empty sac no baby. they said the sac is 12 weeks and once my body realises there is no baby i will mc.

just want to prepare myself for what its going to happen to me??

xx

Replies

• Hi pet, so sorry this is happening to you. As for what to expect, everyone is different. Did they give you options? ie surgical or natural. Gather as much info as possible then make your decision. Again, im so sorry you are having to go through this xxxx
  • Hi Jen, hope you're feeling a little better today and the shock is starting to wear off a bit. As Tashelby says, all women are different and miscarry in different ways. I've silently miscarried twice, my body thought both times the baby was growing and didn't miscarry itself so I went for the surgery both times, so all I can tell you is what happened that way.

I went into the hospital early morning both times, blood was taken and various doctors cames to speak to me (only because I have a heart murmur so they needed to make sure i'd be ok during the surgery). I was in my own room and my husband was able to stay with me all the whole time whilst waiting for the op. Not long before the op a midwife came and inserted some tablets to soften my cervix (this was painless but I found it pretty embarrassing and had no idea it was going to happen the first time so I was mortified), this is to make the op safer. The only thing with the tablets the 2nd time round was I wasn't taken down for the op for about 3 hours and I started to get what I think were contractions, they were painful but only lasted for seconds really. I was taken down for the op and put to sleep and next minute I woke up and it was all over. The first time I bled for about 3 weeks but the second time I only bled for a week. It's just like a very heavy period and was only painful the day after the op.

I went for the op because to me I could get back to some sort of normality quicker and it meant that I wouldn't risk seeing something I didn't want to. This is one of the options you can decide to take but it's whatever you feel comfortable with, not that any of the options are exactly our 'choices'.

I hope whatever you decide to do is as quick and painless as possible, if theres anything you need to know theres always someone here who will know the answer. Lots of love xx
  • I mc'd at 9 wks at home.

I started off with period type pain and really bad back ache in the afternoon and by the evening had passed my baby.It was like a very heavy period but you do know that you are losing your baby i'm sorry to say. I hope you have support at home with you if you are having to go through this.

My thoughts are with you.x
  • hi hun same thing happend to me 2 weeks ago,I went home after scan and 2 days later miscarried.I wont lie I found it very painful started off period pain like then turned into conractions for 3 hours or so then finaly passed it and bled for a week,like the other ladies say everyone is different but had i known what to expect i personaly would have chosen the surgical route, big hugs hun xx