Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Support, understanding & to talk.

Hello, this is the first time i thought to find a forum regarding mc.

I found out a week before christmas, following ever so slight spotting and a general sense of unease, and, a trip to the EPU for a scan that at 9-10 weeks we had had a missed miscarriage, where our baby stopped developing at around 5 weeks.

Like most, the range of emotions gone through has been crazy.

We opted for 'natural' treatment and went home ( hoping a mistake had been made)to let nature take it's course. after 5 days of waiting for this awful thing to happen, I started to bleed heavily, and, later in the evening, in quite a traumatic and upsetting way passed the pregnancy sac, and, bled for another 6 days, over christmas. Stopped, had another scan coinfirming the pregnancy sac had gone, butm, there were so many mms of retained products. The hospital gave me the different outcomes, and, told me what to look for infection wise, and, we went home. I stopped bleeding for 3 days, then started again for another 7 days, stopped and on the 11th day started bleeding again for 12 days, and, it's been 12 days since I stopped bleeding. The hospital felt the last lot of bleeding was mc related and not a new period.

Since then I have had the most awful pelvic pain, and lower back pain, although i suffer lbp anyway. I've been running a temperature, and, been to my gp twice. First time telling me he thought it was constipation making me feel so lousy, and giving me laxatives. Which made no difference. Secondly, agreeing to refer me for a scan, so I am waiting for an appointment.

As well as the pain, which is getting worse and no better, and feeling generally quite rubbish, GP has confirmed twice I am running a temperature. But in the absence of a smelly discharge he thinks an infection is unlikily!?

Anyone else had any similar experiences? is this pain a 'normal' part of this awful physical process?

I am worried that there is something going even more wrong. Given the really recent history of everything and that I was told that there were retained products?

Any points of view would be massively welcomed.

Replies

• Hi Hunny,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and for it to be going on for so long must be very dificult. I very recently suffered a mc, however I feel lucky that mine was quite straightforward, and as mine was complete I was lucky enough to actually hold my baby in my hand (I was only 8 weeks. I would be very persistant & poss even visit your local a&e if you feel your getting nowhere with your gp, you know when your body isn't right and this isn't giving you the chance to move on. My thoughts are with you hunny & hope you get sorted soon xxxxxx
  • Thank you. It is hard,as anyone who has had a mc knows. One minute I feel ok, almost like nothing has happened, since I have a son who is 22 months, I just have to get on with it. So many things make me feel guilty/ sad, the fact I have felt ok, then when i do feel sad, I think what's wrong with me, I have a son, so should be grateful. But, the pain, and, worry of this is awful. I got a call today to arrange an appointment for a scan, so, fingers crossed will call them tomorrow and hopefully be on the road to finding out whats what.

Thank you for replying. I'm sorry for your loss too. x
  • Update.

I had a smear & swobs yesterday, to double check for infection- Although the nurse said it all looked in order down below, and, there was nothing immediately obvious!?

Scan tomorrow- so lets see whats happening.

The pelvic pain is verging on unbearable, as, I am aware of in pretty much constantely. I am using hotwater bottles like they are going out of fashion! and, painkillers + paracetamol too.

How is everyone else?

Have any of you done anything to 'remember' your lost one?
  • Had scan today. Apparently the GP shoudl have the results in 7 days. I feel more disturbed now, than before it, since they would give no indications or anything at all. He also asked if I had other children, so, no I feel a bit like, why did he ask that? perhaps thinking hte worst!

Also, as soon as I came out and went for a wee there was blood!? he did push on my stomach area what felt quite firmly! although I don't know if it hurt because of all the pain I am having anyway!?

Feeling very worried and concerned now.
  • Hey emmarose,

Im so sorry to hear about what your going through.. I had a MC 2 years ago which i did alone aswel and although i passed the sac etc in a night the pain stayed for a few weeks.

At first the pain went (after i passed the sac) but as from the following night i started getting contraction like pains - the same pains i got when passing the baby.. and for the following weeks after that i had what i could only describe as 'a stone stuck in each tube on each side of my ovaries' - i dont know if you can understand what i mean by that but it was very painful.. I had a deep deep pain in my lower abdomen and I was also running a temperature hot and cold and the pain in my back was very bad aswel. I had 2 microwavable heating bags attached to the front and back of body for weeks!

I didnt go to the doctor but i did have the pain for a few weeks and then it just calmed down and went.

I know i cant say anything to make you feel better but i wish you all the best and i hope your pain eases up soon.

*big hug*

Xx